Frustration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedianEminence

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to volunteer at a hospital during my first year of college, and completed about 200+ hours in 2007ish. Now I called them today to make sure i got the dates right to put on my primary application, and they told me they have changed to a new system and can't find my records! WHAT??????

What would you do now? Go complain?? im shocked, it was a huge chunk of my clinical experience:(((((((

Members don't see this ad.

See if they can find your records. If they can't don't worry about it and put it down anyway. You did it, can explain the time period you volunteered during, what you did in the position and why (if anyone ever checks) they don't have a record of you. They really don't check up on your activities anyway...committee members don't have the time to check up on every activity on hundreds of applications.

Just put it down. Its pretty unlikely the med schools will check and if they do the answer will be "we changed our system and lost old records."

i doubt its going to be a problem.

Don't throw a fuss at the volunteer office. They are more concerned about finding and maintaining current volunteers than maintaining records for years. I know to you its a big deal but I seriously doubt they care about a few old records.

Members don't see this ad :)
. You did it, can explain the time period you volunteered during, what you did in the position and why (if anyone ever checks) they don't have a record of you.

should I mention that they lost the records in the description box?
thank you

should I mention that they lost the records in the description box?
thank you

Don't bother thats weird and brings attention to it. If they check (really unlikely) then you can explain at interview.