F's in Online College Courses Taken During High-School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melvillei

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Between my junior and senior years of high-school, I was signed up for 3 college courses (Intro to Psych, Intro to Polisci, Intro to Anthro). It was during a economically and emotionally ****ty part of my life, and being the ******* teenager I was, I neglected to do any work at all for the latter two courses (though I got an A in Psych). The deadlines for the courses have long since passed, and I surely will have F marks in those courses by now.

Having miraculously been accepted to a good university at the end of HS, I turned myself around and studied hard through chemistry and physics to pull a 3.92 cGPA this freshman year (a single B after getting a part time job). I was excited about pursuing my dream of med school, until I remembered that these online courses would probably be calculated into my AMCAs GPA and completely ruin any Undergraduate GPA I have built.

Is there any hope left at all to stay competitive for MD schools? Or should I plan for DO/Post-Bac programs if I even want to become a doctor? People tell me I should just omit these transcripts when I eventually apply for med-school, but I really don't want it hanging over my head for the rest of my life. I'm honestly disheartened that something I did as a dumb highschool kid can completely derail me years later--it's not an accurate reflection of the person I am now. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Members don't see this ad.

don't even worry about it, keep on the right trajectory that SDN can lay out for you, and you'll be golden, they'll be blips

you should be able to take enough credits getting your undergrad degree for it not to be a big deal for your GPA

and I don't think you need to retake them

yes, you have to report the transcripts, yes the grades will factor in, but you'll have a chance on apps to explain the situation, and if the rest of your app is on point no one will give a flying **** that you ****ed off some classes in high school of all places

1. You cannot omit the transcripts. Not an option.

2. Two F's in high school will not derail your medical school trajectory.

3. Added consolation, they're not science courses, so they only affect your total GPA. BCPM GPA (bio, chem, phys, math) is more important.

4. You're fine. Just keep doing what you're doing.

5. It's okay to ask for help if you're going through a tough time.

Okay thank you guys so much for the advice--I guess dwelling on the past is a waste of time/energy. I'll do my absolute best to maintain a strong work ethic and build up a strong resume in the next 3-4 years regardless.