FSU Biochem prereq?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n618ft

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to send in my regular application to FSU this summer but I won't have biochem with lab completed until the following semester... UCF doesn't seem to have biochem available in the summer so it'll have to be done at a later date or elsewhere... anyone run into a similar problem? Do they even look at your app if you're missing a prereq?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to send in my regular application to FSU this summer but I won't have biochem with lab completed until the following semester... UCF doesn't seem to have biochem available in the summer so it'll have to be done at a later date or elsewhere... anyone run into a similar problem? Do they even look at your app if you're missing a prereq?
Your prereqs need to be done before you start medical school, not before you apply/interview/etc.

What he said. I interviewed while taking it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I have a friend who was a biochemistry major but he hadn't taken the exact biochem course FSU required...his application was not considered (i.e. he was summarily rejected).

I have a friend who was a biochemistry major but he hadn't taken the exact biochem course FSU required...his application was not considered (i.e. he was summarily rejected).

I think that's why I got a bit confused - I heard a similar story. I'm taking biochem w/ the lab UCF offers... non-degree grad... if they don't like it, screw them - they're not my top choice any way.

I call BS. Hell, they even offered to wave the biochem lab req if I wanted to go there.

I call BS. Hell, they even offered to wave the biochem lab req if I wanted to go there.

Uh, what I said was true. That's what my friend told me anyway.

And your story is not the same as my friend's. He hadn't taken any biochem whatsoever. He had taken courses like "bio-organic chemistry" and "advanced molecular chemistry" and his self-declared IDP major was "biochemistry". But he didn't take a biochemistry course per se.

So believe whatever you want to believe if it helps you sleep at night.

If you're from UCF , you should know that UCF has an agreement with FSU whereas Biochem lab is waved because it is not a required class in the Molecular Biology track.

i never even knew schools required biochemistry let alone the lab too. I thought it was like the calculus business... "strongly recommended"