1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Fulfilling English Pre-reqs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cherrykissel, Jul 30, 2011.

1. cherrykissel

cherrykissel vinaigrette of confusion

poof

#1 cherrykissel, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. giggle

giggle MS2
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Why did you list the bio writing class as bio? You should ask schools individually if they'll accept it as an english prereq. Some secondaries will have a prereqs sheet - you can list that bio writing course as english on there. Again, when in doubt, ask the schools.

Eight quarter units is not 1 year/3 quarters so it won't satisfy the requirement IMO. It's not about numbers/rounding - it's whether or not you actually took a year of english.

4. cherrykissel

cherrykissel vinaigrette of confusion

Thanks for your reply! I listed it under bio because it was offered by the bio department, and I thought I would be able to explain it on secondaries if I needed to. I asked several counselors at my school, and they told me that would be the best way of doing things. I'll contact schools individually.