Fulfilling pre-reqs before post bac program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CrossBreedStrength

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently finishing my 4th year at my research University. I am in the process of applying to post-bac programs and realized most of the academic enhancer programs require that all the necessary pre reqs be completed prior to applying. Having been seeking a different health career before, I only completed a brief organic chemistry course for 2 quarters, only one of which had a lab portion.

Can the one quarter of brief - orgo with lab fulfill part of the pre req requirement? Would it be wise to take the other 2 quarters of orgo during the summer after submitting an application?

Is the best option to take these course at an open campus school before applying to a structured post bac program?