Full License in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sella.turcica

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did medical school in a European medical school that is on the equivalency list of the TMB. Currently a senior in a US residency program. I am asked to submit Form J that is the Clinical Clerkship Affidavit & Checklist. I did not do any clerkships in the US. Does that mean I am not eligible for the full license? My understanding was that my medical education is deemed to be equivalent, so why the need for clerkships in the US? Also, I heard that this Form is only required for people who did clerkships here (e.g. those from Caribbean school). Any advice?
 
They just need it even if you didn’t do any. Sign it and leave it blank if you didn’t do any. Then scan and upload