Fun Thread: Summarize your personal statement in one sentence!

Started by 907914
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

9

907914

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got some spare time in between classes/finals/writing secondaries so here is a fun thread!

I'll start:

Joined the army as a lab tech, but the lab is lame so I started doing phlebotomy and realized patients are pretty cool!


This is going to be lame.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My mom had a miscarriage, I talked with a cancer patient, I saw some global healthcare disparities and now I want to be a doctor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got some spare time in between classes/finals/writing secondaries so here is a fun thread!

I'll start:

Joined the army as a lab tech, but the lab is lame so I started doing phlebotomy and realized patients are pretty cool!


This is going to be lame.


So not lame. In fact, I'd argue that if you can't summarize your main idea into a coherent sentence, that will bleed through your statement
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I liked science then my parent was diagnosed with a terminal illness, served as their caretaker, realized I like medicine too, did some political advocacy for healthcare access for patients of said terminally ill disease, realized I could make an even bigger impact as a doctor to be able to both treat and advocate
 
b21.png
 
I saw doctors be doctors doing doctor stuff and thought it was pretty cool. I did some teaching, and I liked it. I helped some people, and I loved it. Also I frickin luv science
 
Had a surgery experience that initially got me interested in the physician-patient relationship and science, got involved in research and patient contact experiences, confirmed my desire to apply science to helping patients through shadowing experiences and said patient contact experiences.
 
It's crappier than I remembered it.

(lol I had to write one for my pre-med committee months ago and I just now looked at it since then. Obviously still haven't submitted, this is the last thing I'm holding out on. RIP me.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because of disadvantaged background, I decided I wanted to give back and volunteer. Through these experiences, I realized that I can use medicine as a tool to serve those who are underserved.