Fundamentals of Biology.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureBlondeMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently at a community college taking Fundamentals of Biology I (1010c) i did not know that this was the same as General Biology I. I was told today that it is. Can someone please tell me if this is the case?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the course description?
By its title it sounds like General Biology.

Sounds like Gen Bio to me. FYI, similar courses can differ in their titles. At my school, Gen Bio is called Principles of Biology, and Gen Chem is called Chemical Principles. Same crap.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure what state you're in, so I don't know the numbering system. However, at our ccs in florida there is an intro bio course that has a 1000 lvl code, and it is pre-bio 1. Bio 1 & 2 in FL are 2000 level courses. So just be careful with that (again, not sure of your state numbering system). If you ask a state college about it, they'd be able to tell you as well.

I am not sure what state you're in, so I don't know the numbering system. However, at our ccs in florida there is an intro bio course that has a 1000 lvl code, and it is pre-bio 1. Bio 1 & 2 in FL are 2000 level courses. So just be careful with that (again, not sure of your state numbering system). If you ask a state college about it, they'd be able to tell you as well.
Principles of Biology goes by the same name at my institution and is also a 1000 level course, but like you said this may be particular to my state.

Course titles are tricky little sob's...

General Biology 1 & 2 ended up being for nonmajors.
So now I am retaking the for majors version (Principles of Biology 1 & 2).

Sucks, but w/e... just more A's on the transcript. :D

I go to a community college in Florida! So i'm not taking Gen Bio 1?