Fundus lenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bolus jones

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a question to those of you who have purchased/used certain lenses as I am about to purchase mine. I know I'll need a 20D lens for BIO so I won't even ask about that. My question stems from the fact that some students really like having a 78D and a 90D lens. Others prefer just a 90D lens. One of our professors told us that the 78D lens is a must have and that INSTEAD of a 90D lens to get the VOLK digital wide field lens. So, the question I guess is "what do I get?" What have you guys used? What do you like about your lenses, and what do you dislike about the ones you have? Thanks for your help.
 
I personally like the Superfield. But, when you're learning you'll get used to whatever you buy. Eventually in an office setting you'll probably have all of them. (at least a 90 and 78)
I have volk but I know a few who prefer the Nikons.
 
I have the Volk Digital 1. It is similar to a 78D but has better optics. I like it a lot, but I also purchased a 90D once I started to see patients. Both lenses are good in different situations. I usually use my Digital, but I use the 90 sometimes too. You will end up using both, so I would suggest getting both now so you can get experience using them before you have to use them on a patient.
 
I have a 90D and 78D lens, and just recently started to use the 78D, and I really like it! I also heard the superfield 66D lens is great too. I like using the 90D with undilated patients.

With the 20D, I would recommend the panretinal, which i have been using for the past 2 years, and just recently started to use the Nikon lens at work and really like it. 🙂