Funniest Medical School Blog Ever!

Started by Scrub MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've started reading Ah Yes from the 2003 entries. Not bad so far.
 
This guy is hilarious, does anyone know what school he goes to?
 
aumed22 said:
This guy is hilarious, does anyone know what school he goes to?

I think UCLA, since he said that he got an apartment in westwood
 
Gracey103 said:
I think UCLA, since he said that he got an apartment in westwood

Does keeping a med school blog violate any patient privacy issues? I mean, if you discuss a case in detail at some point someone might be able to figure out who it is.
 
Chinorean said:
Does keeping a med school blog violate any patient privacy issues? I mean, if you discuss a case in detail at some point someone might be able to figure out who it is.
Most have disclosures where the names/incidents are changed or they don't mention names. Plus maybe they are making it up ...

As long as you don't mention that person by name or any other specific indentify factors, you are not in violation of HIPAA.
 
anon-y-mouse said:
Another interesting one that was posted a while back, http://medschoolhell.blogspot.com -- more cynical and jaded obviously.


Hmm... I thought it was interesting that this med. student posted, "I don't particularly care for sick people."

I guess the word "care" can be taken for two different meanings; but either way, doesn't sound too promising for this future doc.
 
lizanne11 said:
Hmm... I thought it was interesting that this med. student posted, "I don't particularly care for sick people."

I guess the word "care" can be taken for two different meanings; but either way, doesn't sound too promising for this future doc.


He is an SDN'er and will not be practicing medicine if I recall. Something about using his business degree.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MarzMD said:
He is an SDN'er and will not be practicing medicine if I recall. Something about using his business degree.

That blog makes me kind of sad. I may be being over the top, but this guy just sounds like the type of person who will always hate his circumstances, no matter what they are.

Maybe he'll start a similar blog about his business career.
 
He is a third year at UCLA med. He's a friend of mine. Everything on their is legit. We went to the same undergrad.
 
I particularly liked the "Bitch, you're ******ed" response to some of the emails that he received. I, too, get some of the nastiest emails imaginable---and about the weirdest topics, too. I usually delete the messages without replying, but sometimes I want to say, "You mean to tell me that I offended you so much that you had to write a two page email to voice your extremism? Bitch, you gotta be kidding me!"
 
mshheaddoc said:
Have to agree, there are actually quite a few good blogs out there like this if you can find them. Maybe we should start a list. I have to go home and look at my bookmarks to post mine.

I would really like to see a list. That would be schweet! The Fake Doctor is my favorite blog. These guys are okay :/ http://www.pushfluids.com/blog/.
 
I totally love TheFakeDoctor. He is hysterical! I hope he does meet a hot Jewish girl to take pity on him, although if he did maybe he would stop blogging, and that would be such a loss for the rest of us.

In other news: who decides to hang out in a closet for 20 minutes?! Can you believe a med school (much less UCLA) admitted such a person?
 
SalseraDoctora said:
I totally love TheFakeDoctor. He is hysterical! I hope he does meet a hot Jewish girl to take pity on him, although if he did maybe he would stop blogging, and that would be such a loss for the rest of us.

In other news: who decides to hang out in a closet for 20 minutes?! Can you believe a med school (much less UCLA) admitted such a person?

i know!! i read that story at work and i was laughing so hard i was crying!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad