Funniest stuff on med school websites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hungrybox

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On Hofstra's website: "all of our students are adult, independent learners"

Oh really? So they're not just finger painting all day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 15 users
"We will get back to you in 4 -6 weeks" that always cracks me up:rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 39 users
"We will get back to you in 4 -6 weeks" that always cracks me up:rofl::rofl:
I know it's not on the website but One school even said "You should hear back within 1 or 2 weeks from today (Interview day)"... It has now been 3.75 months. :wtf:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"We do a holistic review"
Cutoff of 512 MCAT score and 3.8 GPA

Reactions: 35 users

Well of course. Need to reduce the number of 511/3.7 heathens that apply.

Reactions: 14 users
While I was trying to fill out Creighton's secondary I kept perusing through their website, searching for reasons to apply to their school. Unfortunately, I kept stumbling upon the picture below. The one guy in the picture really really bothered me (I don't know why), but after seeing him and realizing the school is in Omaha, Nebraska I pretty much decided I didn't want to attend Creighton anymore. Not sure, if "funny" I just needed to tell somebody.

Medical-Simulation-Center_2May2014_MR_4199_SOM-fw.jpg
...But he has long luscious locks:angelic::thinking:

Reactions: 6 users
While I was trying to fill out Creighton's secondary I kept perusing through their website, searching for reasons to apply to their school. Unfortunately, I kept stumbling upon the picture below. The one guy in the picture really really bothered me (I don't know why), but after seeing him and realizing the school is in Omaha, Nebraska I pretty much decided I didn't want to attend Creighton anymore. Not sure, if "funny" I just needed to tell somebody.

Those eyes are piercing. He can see my soul, he knows everything about me.

Reactions: 1 users

Looks like he is doing pretty well for himself......................

Reactions: 5 users

Here is something to consider... is that ALSO the same guy in the picture behind them!?!??!??!

Reactions: 26 users

He's the head of their Sim Center if I remember correctly from my interview day. He's super nice and absolutely hilarious!

Reactions: 3 users
image.jpg
That last class...

Reactions: 23 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On Einstein's FAQ:

"Can I use the gym when I come for an interview?

Yes, if you let us know in advance."

How many people ask this that it's a must to include on the FAQ??? Lol

Reactions: 36 users
I know it's not on the website but One school even said "You should hear back within 1 or 2 weeks from today (Interview day)"... It has now been 3.75 months. :wtf:
I went one day short of 6 months between my interview and acceptance last year. In all fairness though, we were told that most of us would be waiting until March 15 on interview day. It almost felt like fantasizing about winning the lottery.

On Einstein's FAQ:

Some people just want to keep making gainz...

Reactions: 9 users
On Einstein's FAQ:

Its to let them know you are shooting for ortho

Reactions: 23 users
USC's application portal at the end of nearby hotels description: "USC does not endorse any hotel; the following hotels are suggestions only"

Reactions: 5 users
I'm still on the waitlist for a school I applied to 1.7 years ago
There's still a couple schools I haven't heard from. And a few residency programs. And a few fellowships.

Even @Winged Scapula is waiting for a few residency programs to respond as well if I remember right.

"Toledo is situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the shores of Lake Erie in northwest Ohio. It is also located close to some of the big cities in the Midwest and Northeast. With Chicago to the west, Detroit to the North, New York to the East, and Washington D.C. (our nations's capital) to the Southeast."
INIGO.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
"Toledo is situated on the banks of the Maumee River and on the shores of Lake Erie in northwest Ohio. It is also located close to some of the big cities in the Midwest and Northeast. With Chicago to the west, Detroit to the North, New York to the East, and Washington D.C. (our nations's capital) to the Southeast."
View attachment 214401

A hop, skip, and a jump away.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejection letter motifs

"There were many more highly qualified applicants than interview spots available" = "This was what we like to call a non-random lottery"
"This is not a reflection of your ability to pursue a career in medicine" = "Your rejection from a committee that decides whether you have the ability to pursue a career in medicine is not a reflection of your ability to pursue a career in medicine"
"Unfortunately, we cannot provide feedback on your application" = "Ask your pre-med advisor, who compiles a list of MCAT tips via Google searches, for help"
"We wish you well in your future endeavors" = "Apply dental"

Reactions: 21 users
It's so nice I can finally look back on this and laugh. Seeing things like that on sites as an applicant deeply upset me

This thread completely distracted me from my Micro homework, I love it