future of indian dentists in usa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amandentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi..i am starting this thread to share all my thoughts with other members.i am a dentist with scores in late 80's in part 1 and i havent got seat since last 3 years.i tollk mye xam in both old and new patters..my score is not somthing bad..its a score of 88 in new pattern too and i also have gpa of 3.31,toefl over 100,still havent been accepted in the schools yet.
i wanted to share with all you that is it really worth spending this much time here and just waiting for getting into dental schools..
i was been told by one of my batchmates and he then introduced me to a travel agent and he described that its so easy to be dentist in usa and bla bla bla..but the reality is ,its not,and especially among indians ,we have lot of competition..not in 100's or few thousands,its too much than that..
i was a professor in a dental college and i left my job nd everything and we move here in that hope,but all over here i can see the things are not the same as they used to be 5 years back..getting into dental schools is lot harder for indian students than any other country's people..
I THINK ALL OF US BAK IN INDIA JUST BEEN TOLD THAT WE JUST NEED TO GO TO USA AND DENTISTRY IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF US,BUT ITS BEEN CHANGED NOW..THE CRITERIA OF SELECTION AND ADMISISONS IS SO DIFFERENT THAT NO 1 KNOWS HOW ITS GIN TO HAPPEN.
pls share your thoughts on this and i am planin to move bak to india as i dont want to be living here as an assistant or may b some other job as whole of my life and leave my profession forever if i dont make into school
what do you guys say about this?

Members don't see this ad.