Quantcast

Future Pharmacy Tech Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DerpyDerpinator

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a high school sophomore who is interested in becoming a pharmacy tech, and I live in Texas. Should i apply for a pharmacy tech trainee, If so what is the age requirements? Or should I wait till my senior year to write the PTCB and become a certified pharmacy technician. Also, is there any jobs or internships that would hire 16 year old in the pharmacy field?

LoveWillSaveTheDay

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a high school sophomore who is interested in becoming a pharmacy tech, and I live in Texas. Should i apply for a pharmacy tech trainee, If so what is the age requirements? Or should I wait till my senior year to write the PTCB and become a certified pharmacy technician. Also, is there any jobs or internships that would hire 16 year old in the pharmacy field?

I don't think there is an age requirement in Texas but you must have a high school degree or GED to be a CPhT. This also depends on each stores policy. Big chains will not hire you for pharmacy unless your 18. Ik some high schools offer tech classes and allow you to become a CPHT.

So basically just enjoy high school, work hard and think about working your senior year or freshman year of college.

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Apply for training. It's good work experience.

Apples2Oranges

Reaction score
I think the requirement for most pharmacies is that you should have already graduated HS/GED to become a pharm tech. It's a big liability to hire people in the pharmacy. But I'd recommend starting off as a cashier and work your way within the system. If you can apply to train, that's good too. The PTCB was easy, so you should be fine.