Future Pharmacy Tech Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DerpyDerpinator

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am a high school sophomore who is interested in becoming a pharmacy tech, and I live in Texas. Should i apply for a pharmacy tech trainee, If so what is the age requirements? Or should I wait till my senior year to write the PTCB and become a certified pharmacy technician. Also, is there any jobs or internships that would hire 16 year old in the pharmacy field?
 
Hi,
I am a high school sophomore who is interested in becoming a pharmacy tech, and I live in Texas. Should i apply for a pharmacy tech trainee, If so what is the age requirements? Or should I wait till my senior year to write the PTCB and become a certified pharmacy technician. Also, is there any jobs or internships that would hire 16 year old in the pharmacy field?

I don't think there is an age requirement in Texas but you must have a high school degree or GED to be a CPhT. This also depends on each stores policy. Big chains will not hire you for pharmacy unless your 18. Ik some high schools offer tech classes and allow you to become a CPHT.

So basically just enjoy high school, work hard and think about working your senior year or freshman year of college.
 
Hi,
I am a high school sophomore who is interested in becoming a pharmacy tech, and I live in Texas. Should i apply for a pharmacy tech trainee, If so what is the age requirements? Or should I wait till my senior year to write the PTCB and become a certified pharmacy technician. Also, is there any jobs or internships that would hire 16 year old in the pharmacy field?

Apply for training. It's good work experience.
 
I think the requirement for most pharmacies is that you should have already graduated HS/GED to become a pharm tech. It's a big liability to hire people in the pharmacy. But I'd recommend starting off as a cashier and work your way within the system. If you can apply to train, that's good too. The PTCB was easy, so you should be fine.