Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got Silver, some complications so I never got Gold, but I had a kick ass project for it anyway!

(Honestly though, I was mostly a Girl Scout because I was part of a group that did a ton of backpacking and traveling. Not so much badge hunting.)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What did you show?

Small animals. We were city kids. ;) I had cavy, cat, and rabbit projects, and I showed in round robin pretty frequently so I got to show poultry, pygmy goat, and dog, too. My mom was a supervisor and fair time meant that we were on the grounds 24/7, and I miss it so much every August. Manure and fried food is my happy place :arghh:

Reactions: 1 users
I wished I was 4-H at every fair and every time I saw them headed out to play with their critters.
But I did winter back packing competitions and summer camp and hiked the Adirondacks, and toured Amish country and taught boy scouts how to camp properly, and built fires, and rode across open fields on horseback under starlight... and soooo much back packing!:love:

(My not so secret plan is to make my kids 4-H and live vicariously. .... As long as they love it.

I have this horrible feeling that my older daughter is gonna do gymnastics and the younger one is gonna be my animal loving athlete, and be too busy playing soccer to do 4-H or Girl Scouts.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had never heard of 4H until high school, when my gf at the time told me all about her goats over the years that had been sold and eaten. I remember being quite appalled tbh. Much happier with my backpacking and dogsledding and sailing and camp songs with scouts. :p

Although research for this game has taught me that camp songs have some intense regional variation.

Although research for this game has taught me that camp songs have some intense regional variation.
YES!

'Peel, banana, peel peel banana!'

'We call it fun but you may call it madness!'

'Unicorn, oh unicorn, why'd you have to run away?'

'Um ahh went the little green frog one day...'

I love Girl Scout songs! When I moved between councils and some of the words changed, it was unsettling. Especially when one girl started singing MY camp song with HER camp's name awkwardly inserted... it was blasphemy! :artist:

YES!

'Peel, banana, peel peel banana!'

'We call it fun but you may call it madness!'

'Unicorn, oh unicorn, why'd you have to run away?'

'Um ahh went the little green frog one day...'

I love Girl Scout songs! When I moved between councils and some of the words changed, it was unsettling. Especially when one girl started singing MY camp song with HER camp's name awkwardly inserted... it was blasphemy! :artist:
Um, you mean "mmmm bop went the little green frog one day," right? ;p

Honk Honk went the big bad truck one day!
Squish squash went the little green frog.
His eyes didn't go mmm bap anymore...
'cause they got licked up by a dog! Woof woof!
Yeah ours is a "Big Mack truck"
And the frog gets to go whzzzz in the blender, pop in the microwave, tss in the frying pan, (shiver) in the freezer after being squished by the truck.

Or we know frogs go mmm, sha-la-la-la-la, not mmm, mmm ah!

Last edited:
Funny story: I was a camp counselor in a heavily wooded summer camp the year after The Blair Witch Project came out. One of the international counselors decided it was a great idea to watch it on one of our slow weekends. I spent the next 2 weeks walking terrified adults back to their tents and cabins. Too many times, the flashlight would bounce off a life preserver by the docks or an animal at night or just one of the many person shaped trees and the whole group would scream and go running back toward main camp.
A few stopped heading to latrines at night and improvised in-tent methods.

I might have been more freaked out if I didn't fall asleep through the movie every time.:) That, and it was just funny watching these women who had faced off 7 foot snakes and circling coyotes run from the same tree 3 nights in a row.:rofl:

Category A: Game currently being run

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary
1. OITNB redux - tp

Category C: Games in active development
1. Supernatural - swingnsave + gwen
2. Best of- SOV and Lissarae
3. Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
4. ????? - Chillbo
5. Star WWars III - Lupin21 + Zensing
6. ????? - MJ
7. Dead of WWinter - Caia (Summer 2016)
8. The Dark Tower - WildZoo
9. Immuno [horse] Game -STL
10. Hannibal - MadZoo
11. Veronica Mars - PBC
12. Telenovela - PBC + guis
13. My Little Pony Redux - kaydubs
14. Rocky Horror Picture Show - LotF and Dy? (Halloween 2016, anonymous game on Mafia Universe)
15. Clue WW - ResoluteMike w/ Kaydubs
16. RPG Game Compilation - kaydubs

Category D: Games in early development or concept stage
1. Firefly - LIS + ???
2. Disney Redux - DVMD+ Ashgirl+ Alohacat
3. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
4. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD (This may or may not happen still, debating on it, we'll see how creative I decide to be)
5. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
6. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
7. Lonely Island - rojo
8. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year) <--- This is being replaced by STL's game?
9. Kingdom Hearts - Ashgirl and Gwen
10. RWBY- Gwen and Ashgirl (noobs be getting adventurous )
11. Wheel of Time - Cyndia, WL, and Ashgirl
12. BioShock - MadZoo
13. Once Upon A Time Redux - BI + DVMD - brightimpressio To be honest, I seriously fell off from watching this show and would basically suck at this theme. Feel free to keep it and get someone else or delete if you don't want to do anymore.
14. Hotel California - Promethean
15. American Horror Story (murder house or asylum) - Cyndia & WildZoo
16. Archer - MJ
17. Eragon - Gwen & Katashark
18. Sea Monsters - Katashark and kaydubs
19. Iron Druid - LIS & dy
20. Divergent Series - Gwen (not going to run for a long time)
21. Jurassic WWorld - Swin and STL
22. WW Dreamers - Jilary & Lupin
23. Dragons - BSC and kaydubs - @BrownSwissCows - you still in?
24. Miazaki WW - katashark and hmoo :love:
25. Sushi/WWater Part II? - kaydubs &katashark
26. Camp SDN - Trilt

I wished I was 4-H at every fair and every time I saw them headed out to play with their critters.
But I did winter back packing competitions and summer camp and hiked the Adirondacks, and toured Amish country and taught boy scouts how to camp properly, and built fires, and rode across open fields on horseback under starlight... and soooo much back packing!:love:
****************************************************************************************************
Off-topic, but a lot of state/4-H-associated fairs have competitions that adults can enter. I was able to enter some crocheting projects in one of the state fairs this year. If you want, look up your state and see if you can compete.
****************************************************************************************************

Off-topic, but a lot of state/4-H-associated fairs have competitions that adults can enter. I was able to enter some crocheting projects in one of the state fairs this year. If you want, look up your state and see if you can compete.
I've competed and won in a egg competition and a pie competition at a sustainable living fair. I keep planning on (someday) showing some of my goats and I can be an owner/handler in the ADGA shows.

And maybe dog shows some day.

I may do a resistance speed Redux this weekend if I become completely fed up with studying this weekend. Anyone up for it if I do it? Will need 6 at minimum

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Why are you guys posting in stars in this thread? :laugh:
Sorry, I started it. Felt weird posting off-topic and not in stars.

I may do a resistance speed Redux this weekend if I become completely fed up with studying this weekend. Anyone up for it if I do it? Will need 6 at minimum

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How does this work? I might actually have time this weekend.

Posting now! Just got caught up on all the articles I needed to read this weekend.

If there's nothing running soon I can start one next weekend!

Mine starts on Halloween. I need to put sign ups out later today or tomorrow though so I can work with the people over at Mafia Universe.

I'm working on it, but it's still 16 days away.

Mine starts on Halloween. I need to put sign ups out later today or tomorrow though so I can work with the people over at Mafia Universe.

I'm working on it, but it's still 16 days away.
I think if I start mine Saturday or Friday it won't overlap with yours. I think my just game ran one week?

Since the topic is up on here:

Anybody planning on watching the RHPS remake on Fox on the 20th?

I've set it to DVR, but I keep flip flopping on whether I am excited or nervous that they are going to ruin it.

I think if I start mine Saturday or Friday it won't overlap with yours. I think my just game ran one week?
It seems like most of them run about 10 days, but it's ok. I can push it back or forward a little, I just need 1 week for sure of getting all the info to them before we start.

I'm just cheesy and really like the idea of starting on Halloween since that is still one of my goals: Rocky Horror in NYC at one of the Halloween midnight showings.

It seems like most of them run about 10 days, but it's ok. I can push it back or forward a little, I just need 1 week for sure of getting all the info to them before we start.

I'm just cheesy and really like the idea of starting on Halloween since that is still one of my goals: Rocky Horror in NYC at one of the Halloween midnight showings.

Hey, I don't work tomorrow! I'll get this sucker pounded out and try to start early this week. You must start your game on Halloween. You MUST.

I could run MLP redux after Nov 2 if people are feeling a WW withdrawal :thinking:Or I'll let it be til Rocky Horror is done, don't want to take away from @LadyOtheFarm .
Yeah, Rocky starts Oct 31. I get get to tagging tonight. Gotta send my spreadsheet over to MU tomorrow.

I would like a bunch more players to fill all my awesome roles, but I can dump a bunch if I gotta.:yeahright:

Let me go work on that.

Oh, I will take PM adds, if somebody wants to join anonymously :astronaut: or :bag: or :mask: or :phantom: but I guess more :pics:

Rocky Horror Picture Show - LotF and Dy (Mafia Universe)

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary
1. OITNB redux - tp

4. ????? - Chillbo
6. ????? - MJ
10. Hannibal - MadZoo
11. Veronica Mars - PBC
14. Clue WW - ResoluteMike w/ Kaydubs
15. RPG Game Compilation - kaydubs
16. Camp SDN - Trilt

1. Firefly - LIS + ???
4. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD (This may or may not happen still, debating on it, we'll see how creative I decide to be)
5. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
7. Lonely Island - rojo
8. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year) <--- This is being replaced by STL's game?
12. BioShock - MadZoo
13. Once Upon A Time Redux - BI + DVMD - brightimpressio To be honest, I seriously fell off from watching this show and would basically suck at this theme. Feel free to keep it and get someone else or delete if you don't want to do anymore.
16. Archer - MJ

I've had camp songs stuck in my head for three days and made a spreadsheet; that's active development, right? :p

Rocky Horror Picture Show - LotF (Mafia Universe) - It's pretty much just me I think. Dy has helped with set up, but a bit busy for Co modding last we talked. If I am wrong, correct me, but, I think I am rocking this bit of crazy all by my lonlies.

So, a touch o patience may be needed.:zip:

1. OITNB redux - tp

4. ????? - Chillbo
6. ????? - MJ
10. Hannibal - MadZoo
11. Veronica Mars - PBC
14. Clue WW - ResoluteMike w/ Kaydubs
15. RPG Game Compilation - kaydubs
16. Camp SDN - Trilt

1. Firefly - LIS + ???
5. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
7. Lonely Island - rojo
12. BioShock - MadZoo
16. Archer - MJ