Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm actually considering having a go at doing a WW game myself. Would anyone be interested in a WW game based on Vampire the Masquerade (White Wolf table top roleplay game) where you had to play in role, and wolf kills/lynches were contingent on dice rolls (sort of a combined WW and table top RP game).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually considering having a go at doing a WW game myself. Would anyone be interested in a WW game based on Vampire the Masquerade (White Wolf table top roleplay game) where you had to play in role, and wolf kills/lynches were contingent on dice rolls (sort of a combined WW and table top RP game).
If you want to do a game with dice roles, you can look up Consequences WW for help. I think @SummerTheLynx ran it, and I definitely remember @Trilt was a junior mod. A lot of the roles had chances of failure/other actions. That type of percent-dice rolling is the closest I've seen to a dice-rolling game.

Reactions: 1 users
If you need help, I am usually willing to help with co-modding. I will need to do most of my help starting the week of thanksgiving though!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is everyone okay if I reserve December 29th onwards for my immunology game? It's the last feasible time I will be able to devote time to modding until at least July. It's a cool game that is unique but fairly simple, with most mechanics directly delineated at the beginning of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
Is everyone okay if I reserve December 29th onwards for my immunology game? It's the last feasible time I will be able to devote time to modding until at least July. It's a cool game that is unique but fairly simple, with most mechanics directly delineated at the beginning of the game.

Did you truly just claim an STL game based on immunology could possibly be "fairly simple"? I am in disbelief. :p

Reactions: 2 users
Did you truly just claim an STL game based on immunology could possibly be "fairly simple"? I am in disbelief. :p

I mean it is more that it is going to be very upfront with any unique mechanisms, so more time wolf hunting, and less time debating what the eff STL did.

And I already said I will be explaining the immunology as I go, knowing it ahead of time will give like a 5% advantage, if that.

Mechanistically I am pretty sure it is my simplest game. Just a couple of unique things with regards to how the game can be won by wolves and how lynches are carried out.

Members don't see this ad :)
@SummerTheLynx do you have a babymod or shadowmod for this game already? And if not would you be open to one?

My issue is that I kind of sort of need 35 players for this to be successful with how it's currently written (and I am expecting I will need to rewrite it a bit). So if we hit 35 I would love to take you on as a baby mod, but otherwise I would really prefer you playing!

Honestly I think someone should think up a noob game. It's been over a year since the last. I've dragged a couple random people in with my addiction, but there are totally lots of other regulars who I think would be fun... @wheelin2vetmed, @Bottle of Bear, @LyraGardenia, @mmmdreamerz, @Rainheart come to mind quickly.

Has @jmo1012 ever played? Maybe get some admin action from @Doctor-S? Etc.

Would prob be best after finals though.

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 8 users
I'm working on my soap opera thing. I promise I won't try anything weird with factions again! I'm learning. After finals I'll have more time, so I could run a game after STL's, is there's nothing else lined up.

Honestly I think someone should think up a noob game. It's been over a year since the last. I've dragged a couple random people in with my addiction, but there are totally lots of other regulars who I think would be fun... @wheelin2vetmed, @Bottle of Bear, @LyraGardenia, @mmmdreamerz, @Rainheart come to mind quickly.

Honestly I don't even know how lol. I always see these threads and feel stupid because I don't know the details on what ya'll are doing

I ignored the damn threads for like four years until I gave in and decided to play a noob game last fall. So much fun. :D

Child's Play was my favorite game! So much fun with my fellow noobs!!!

I started reading the directions a year ago and then got distracted, plus they seemed too complicated :eek:

I started reading the directions a year ago and then got distracted, plus they seemed too complicated :eek:
We'd wheel you thru a noob game.

Besides, the basic premise is some of your friends are no good liers. You have to find and dispose of them before they do you in. And have fun doing it.

I think you'd get a kick out of it.

This is more of a springboard off of the current conversation in Trilt's CampWWorld about themes not fitting WW, but I've about given up on Star WWars 3. If @Lupin21 agrees with giving up, then I'll discuss why I'm having trouble with the theme.

What are people's thoughts on a Death Note WW? The theme was all about trying to find the hidden bad guy(s) and crazy gambits, and role-revealing would be heavily discouraged. I have some really basic ideas about how to translate the notebook and their rules into game mechanics, but I also have no experience modding. Anyone want to play or mod that game?

This is more of a springboard off of the current conversation in Trilt's CampWWorld about themes not fitting WW, but I've about given up on Star WWars 3. If @Lupin21 agrees with giving up, then I'll discuss why I'm having trouble with the theme.

What are people's thoughts on a Death Note WW? The theme was all about trying to find the hidden bad guy(s) and crazy gambits, and role-revealing would be heavily discouraged. I have some really basic ideas about how to translate the notebook and their rules into game mechanics, but I also have no experience modding. Anyone want to play or mod that game?
Play yes.

I'd help with that!! (To co-mod or actually play, though...hm)

eta: just realized you meant you need an experienced mod. Still really interested in this game possibility.

Honestly I think someone should think up a noob game. It's been over a year since the last. I've dragged a couple random people in with my addiction, but there are totally lots of other regulars who I think would be fun...

I always think it'd be exciting to play WW but every time I think about signing up, I remind myself that I don't know wtf is going on and I would bring others down in my ignorance. So yeah! A noob game would be awesome!

But...Star Wars.....new movie....butttt

But...Star Wars.....new movie....butttt
Star Wars is a great example of a series where roles are very tightly tied to alignment/faction. I'm not liking how I've arranged things, and I'm not sure how to fix it without flat-out ignoring what role names go with what faction/abilities. At that point, it's WW with unnecessary and annoying distractors. I know I'd dislike playing a Star WWars game that didn't include some of the feel of Star Wars.

And I'd be happy to run a noob game. Or one of my others as we await STL's game drop. Just can't even think of it until next Tuesday afternoon, say 3:30pm :luck::luck::luck:

Unless someone already is in line to start their respective WW?
NAVLE themed WW?

(good luck!)

And I'd be happy to run a noob game. Or one of my others as we await STL's game drop. Just can't even think of it until next Tuesday afternoon, say 3:30pm :luck::luck::luck:

Unless someone already is in line to start their respective WW?
If you do this, could I junior-mod? I won't have a ton of time until finals end (next Friday at 10am), but I could look at the spreadsheet or help if you start afterwards.

Oh man Death Note. Bringing me back. I'd be super game.

When are finals pretty much over for people? NC State is weird and done by Thanksgiving (the students are in elective classes now) so I have no idea what a normal schedule is.

I've had ever so mild ideas for a dark circus theme... not enough that I have a spreadsheet or have even written it down on the list, but could easily mold to whatever numbers we get...

@kaydubs wanna team up for a noob game? Or one of your ideas? :D

When are finals pretty much over for people? NC State is weird and done by Thanksgiving (the students are in elective classes now) so I have no idea what a normal schedule is.

I've had ever so mild ideas for a dark circus theme... not enough that I have a spreadsheet or have even written it down on the list, but could easily mold to whatever numbers we get...

My finals are over 12/16

If you do this, could I junior-mod? I won't have a ton of time until finals end (next Friday at 10am), but I could look at the spreadsheet or help if you start afterwards.
Sure, happy to have help. And if you and Lupes would want help with the Star Wars, we could think tank it.

@Trilt - sure, we could team up. You've run a noob game before, yah?

Finals for me are done on the 18th

I don't think you should give up on it, unless you really want to. If you think it would make a fun game for some people, go for it. My grumpiness isn't intended to make people give up altogether a type of game they enjoy - that would be stupid. It's more aimed at saying "Hey, let's have both types of games."

I always think it'd be exciting to play WW but every time I think about signing up, I remind myself that I don't know wtf is going on and I would bring others down in my ignorance. So yeah! A noob game would be awesome!

You should play. Just go into it knowing that hey, you'll get beat up, called a n00b, probably lynched or killed relatively early, and that's ok. Everyone goes through it. Just enjoy it.

Sure, happy to have help. And if you and Lupes would want help with the Star Wars, we could think tank it.

@Trilt - sure, we could team up. You've run a noob game before, yah?
Nope! I was a bonafide noob in the last one. But I drag people in fairly regularly (right @vetmedhead? @allyphoe?) so I've got that part down. :p

Reactions: 2 users
I think often some of the old timers will take you under their wing if you ask nicely. :) In my first game I had Lupin and Rojo looking after me (thus telling me when I said something dumb and why I shouldn't have said it) which made the noob side of things a lot easier. You just have to hope you picked a villager ;)

Reactions: 5 users
If @Trilt did it, wolves would be NAVLE sections (since there are 6 .. or was it 5), the test administrator would be a chaotic/neutral Prometric employee, and students would be hapless villagers.
No, no. The fake, "testing it out for future NAVLEs" section would be chaos but they'd seer as a wolf, silly. :p

And everyone would get a Zuku question that they had to answer correctly every day.

Reactions: 4 users

I don't actually even know what ww is, aside from the fact that you guys have themes and are obsessed with it. Its cute you think I have time ;) I suppose if you put something super simple and straight forward together over 12/20-12/27, I could be conned into trying to figure it out. Your warning is that I'm real slow and dumb ;)

I think often some of the old timers will take you under their wing if you ask nicely. :) In my first game I had Lupin and Rojo looking after me (thus telling me when I said something dumb and why I shouldn't have said it) which made the noob side of things a lot easier. You just have to hope you picked a villager ;)

Hahaha okay. I'll definitely try that next time (can't do the immunology ww but whatever's next)

No, no. The fake, "testing it out for future NAVLEs" section would be chaos but they'd seer as a wolf, silly. :p

And everyone would get a Zuku question that they had to answer correctly every day.

Actually...... *starts to feel tempted*......