FYI: AMCAS Data Delivery Delayed until July 5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is one less week to worry and be neurotic about. Enjoy it.

Members don't see this ad.

Since they don't work weekends, their actual processing rate is even slower than 176/day, though your predicted time line is still correct.

Since they don't work weekends, their actual processing rate is actually faster than 176/day.

I think I remember... Last year there were some people that DID get verified on the weekend.

I am so glad that I don't need to apply this year, it seems to be a huge mess at AMCAS.

Good luck to all of you applying.

dsoz

Edit: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=920463&highlight=2013+AMCAS+verification&page=29

Look in the July headings. The third or fourth one down was verified on 8/4, which was a Saturday. It happened more than once, and it was talked about in the thread. If I can find it I will link it.

Edit again. Post 692-693 in the thread I posted above, they start talking about AMCAS working on Saturdays.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So...I knew data delivery would be delayed

But checked m email today and saint Louis university sent me their secondary...I was under the impression that they could not send secondaries until data wAs delivered ???

**PLEASE NOTE: AMCAS has begun delivery of 2014 applicant data to medical schools, as originally scheduled. Please disregard yesterday's announcement that transmission has been delayed. We apologize for the confusion.

Per the AMCAS application front page

**PLEASE NOTE: AMCAS has begun delivery of 2014 applicant data to medical schools, as originally scheduled. Please disregard yesterday’s announcement that transmission has been delayed. We apologize for the confusion.

Per the AMCAS application front page

Well this is most certainly unexpected. AAMC is really dropping the ball this year.

lmao this is funniest s*** ever

I think everyone needs to calm down... it will all be okay... What is the point of stressing and being upset... is that going to change anything? Just calm down and be happy... more time to relax... go on vacation

I think everyone needs to calm down... it will all be okay... What is the point of stressing and being upset... is that going to change anything? Just calm down and be happy... more time to relax... go on vacation

Well I haven't gotten any secondaries yet so I'm pretty sure I was auto-rejected by all schools.

Time to get ready for 2014-2015 cycle :thumbup:

Lol wtf? :S
So I guess in that case everything is pretty much back to normal.
Has anyone received secondaries yet by any chance?

Lol wtf? :S
So I guess in that case everything is pretty much back to normal.
Has anyone received secondaries yet by any chance?

I've gotten 2. About 7-10 schools have sent them out so far, I believe.

I noticed the news about the delay on the AMCAS site, but for some reason I received an email from University of Buffalo stating that they received my primary application and secondaries were available. They then sent an email that they were having technical difficulties. Is the technical difficulty resulting from primaries being delayed?

I got one secondary today from a school that sends secondaries to everyone. I haven't gotten any other secondaries.

I'm not going to medical school this year.

Maybe my dreams of becoming a roadie can come to fruition now.

...I sent in my application on the 20th, so this is all completely plausible.

AAMC is dropping the freaking ball this year.

lol. Yet they still managed to increase the per school cost from 32 to 35 dollars...and the MCAT from 270 to 300...hmm a personal raise for doing less work. :rolleyes:

lol. Yet they still managed to increase the per school cost from 32 to 35 dollars...and the MCAT from 270 to 300...hmm a personal raise for doing less work. :rolleyes:

Maybe that was so they could give you the $30 amazon gift card if you do the trial section? :laugh: