astrophage
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, like many others I wish the AAMC was more transparent with where they are at in the verification process. Because of this, I decided to make a simple spreadsheet model to estimate when AMCAS might reach different submission dates for verification.
The idea is that the first day of submission is usually extremely front-loaded, then applications continue coming in through the summer, with a smaller tail into the fall. The model lets you adjust assumptions and see how the estimated verification timeline changes.
You can use it to test things like:
You can also update the model as AMCAS releases new processing dates, so it should become more useful as the cycle goes on.
Some disclaimers:
This is obviously not official AAMC data. It is just a rough estimator based on public tracker information and adjustable assumptions. The model is only as good as the assumptions. I made it because I was curious and wanted a more concrete way to think about the verification queue.
I would also love to validate and improve it with real cycle data. If people are willing to share anonymized info, it would be super helpful. The most useful data would be:
If enough people share data, I can update the model and maybe make a cleaner version for next year’s applicants.
The idea is that the first day of submission is usually extremely front-loaded, then applications continue coming in through the summer, with a smaller tail into the fall. The model lets you adjust assumptions and see how the estimated verification timeline changes.
You can use it to test things like:
- What percent of applications were submitted on day 1
- How quickly submissions drop after the first few days
- How many applications are submitted between late May and early August
- How long the “tail” of later applications lasts
- What date AMCAS is currently processing
You can also update the model as AMCAS releases new processing dates, so it should become more useful as the cycle goes on.
Some disclaimers:
This is obviously not official AAMC data. It is just a rough estimator based on public tracker information and adjustable assumptions. The model is only as good as the assumptions. I made it because I was curious and wanted a more concrete way to think about the verification queue.
I would also love to validate and improve it with real cycle data. If people are willing to share anonymized info, it would be super helpful. The most useful data would be:
- Date and time you submitted AMCAS
- Date and time your application became “Ready for Review”
- Date and time you were verified
If enough people share data, I can update the model and maybe make a cleaner version for next year’s applicants.
Last edited by a moderator: