GA MPJE failed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ss_16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took it easy after passing the NAPLEX and spent only a week to prepare for GA MPJE using "Pharmacy Law Examination and board review" by William J Feiberg. I felt that the material was comprehensive but lacked the practice questions. In the MPJE exam, the questions were random and i was not sure about the answers on few questions. I got 72 and failed. I feel like i need more practice by reviewing the question bank before retaking the MPJE. Any recommendations on websites that provide question banks or testing ? Greatly appreciate your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-20_11-36-10.png
    upload_2015-7-20_11-36-10.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 493
  • upload_2015-7-20_11-36-10.jpeg
    upload_2015-7-20_11-36-10.jpeg
    563 bytes · Views: 266
    1.8 KB · Views: 189
  • upload_2015-7-20_11-36-10.jpeg
    upload_2015-7-20_11-36-10.jpeg
    563 bytes · Views: 170
    1.8 KB · Views: 193
Ah okay. I never heard of this book. The only book I've ever bought was just for federal information and the rest I've always just studied whatever the BOP site provided. I'm taking my test this Saturday after I've kept pushing it back. I hate MPJEs because they rarely related to what I do in practice. Sorry you failed. I failed last year for my second license.

When you say you "just studied whatever the BOP site provided", were you just reading through them casually or do you mean that you committed to memory every single word of every single law statute listed on their website verbatim? If that's how you studied, how long altogether did it take you to have them all memorized?

My test is coming up in 11 days, but I'm still very confused how we are expected to memorize every detail of every single pharmacy law ever written just by reading through the law statutes only once (?!) but it seems like people who passed the MPJE have done it, could you please tell me how you did it?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When you say you "just studied whatever the BOP site provided", were you just reading through them casually or do you mean that you committed to memory every single word of every single law statute listed on their website verbatim? If that's how you studied, how long altogether did it take you to have them all memorized?

My test is coming up in 11 days, but I'm still very confused how we are expected to memorize every detail of every single pharmacy law ever written just by reading through the law statutes only once (?!) but it seems like people who passed the MPJE have done it, could you please tell me how you did it?

@depor4life
When did you take it? I'm waiting on results from a Friday exam.

EDIT: Found out today (Wednesday at 10AM; I took a Friday 5pm exam) that I barely passed and am never looking back!

I read Federal 21, GA 16 and 26 and looked at all the acts/amendments including OBRA 90 (you'll get several questions on DUR).

Like an idiot, I didn't know GA 480 even existed until the day of the exam so I skimmed that really quickly for about 4-5 hours. (Don't do what I did because it's about 50 sections deep)

Last edited:
I am in such a terrible situation, failed the GA MPJE 3rd time ... I scored 72, 74 and last one 73. I am at my wits end and really not sure what else to do. I am a foreign pharmacist and have passed FPGEE, NAPLEX and GA Practical. I feel like I am missing something in my preparation and I don't know what it is. Will really appreciate any pointers.

I am in such a terrible situation, failed the GA MPJE 3rd time ... I scored 72, 74 and last one 73. I am at my wits end and really not sure what else to do. I am a foreign pharmacist and have passed FPGEE, NAPLEX and GA Practical. I feel like I am missing something in my preparation and I don't know what it is. Will really appreciate any pointers.

What were you using as your study materials?

Members don't see this ad :)
What were you using as your study materials?

I studied following for GA MPJE:
1. Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law 8th Ed. (Barry S. Reiss & Gary D. Hall)
2. Georgia Law (Pharmacy Board Website): Title 16, 26, Department 480. RULES OF GEORGIA STATE BOARD OF PHARMACY
3. PharmacyExam.com Federal & State CD

Please let me know if I missed something or if I can refer some additional study material.

2. Georgia Law (Pharmacy Board Website): Title 16, 26, Department 480. RULES OF GEORGIA STATE BOARD OF PHARMACY

Please let me know if I missed something or if I can refer some additional study material.

Hmm okay these are all the things I used to study and passed. with the pharmacyexam.com I made sure to make a 100 on each section and created a study guide from each explanation of the answers.

Also I looked and read through the news and FAQ on the board's website.

Did you read all of title 16 and 26? Or just title 26 chapter 4 and title 16 chapter 13?

Nope. The book that i used also covered GA laws which is actually the same from GA BOP (I guess in a more organized form). also, I am foreign pharmacist, didn't had any review materials from current students.
Please, what is the name of the GA law book you used?

I took it easy after passing the NAPLEX and spent only a week to prepare for GA MPJE using "Pharmacy Law Examination and board review" by William J Feiberg. I felt that the material was comprehensive but lacked the practice questions. In the MPJE exam, the questions were random and i was not sure about the answers on few questions. I got 72 and failed. I feel like i need more practice by reviewing the question bank before retaking the MPJE. Any recommendations on websites that provide question banks or testing ? Greatly appreciate your time.
Hi, do you still have your GA MPJE bood: Pharmacy Law Examination and board review" by William J Feiberg?

Do you still have GA MPJE reading materials? or any other info on GA Wet Lab? I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this. Thank you so much.

I have the 2016 prontopass GA MPJE study material. Not sure how great it is, but I used it and got an 81.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just took the exam as well. All I reviewed was www.pharmacyexam.com. They have 5 exam 30 questions each to cover all topics. It was a good start point for you to focus your efforts. But the actual exam questions were significantly more difficult in my opinion. I also used the official GA 480 rules and regulations (
(GA - GAC - Department 480. RULES OF GEORGIA STATE BOARD OF PHARMACY) to reference key subject areas like controls and emergency kits. hospice.. long term care.. nursing homes. Hospital rules. Know everything about C2 from how MD can right it to how much can be dispense to patient. I didn't do great but I passed.

pharmacyexam.com is garbage.. they have very easy questions.. try prempje.com to practice questions those are very similar to the original exam.

what are the attached files, I am clicking on them but nothing is populating