GA MPJE Study Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teapharmd

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently passed the GA MPJE after my second attempt and just wanted to share some helpful tips that worked well for me.
  1. Reading all of the GA 480 (GA - GAC - Department 480. RULES OF GEORGIA STATE BOARD OF PHARMACY)
  2. Reading Title 16 and Title 26 (something I didn't do the first time I took it but found it helpful the second time)
  3. Reading the Feinberg summary of GA law and Federal Law (Pharmacy Law - Examination and Board Review by William J. Feinberg)
  4. Skimming the Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law 9th Edition (Reiss/Hall)
  5. Purchased ProntoPass for GA - It was a very helpful resource. The compounding cards cover pretty much anything that could show up on the exam. It does a good job of going over federal law as well and has flashcards. The package also gives multiple federal questions and state specific questions that were helpful. The printout of the statutes was also super helpful and helped me digest the information way better than just reading it from a screen (which is what I did the first time). Definitely would recommend it!
  6. Take some practice questions - I tried taking the NABP Pre-MPJE for GA the first time I took the exam but did not find it helpful at all. The second time around, I ended up purchasing practice questions from passrxnow. Some of the questions were repetitive and they did focus quite a bit on federal law but the GA specific questions were helpful and it did help to solidify major concepts especially concerning controlled substances which is a large portion of the exam.
  7. Also made some study guides that I attached for GA law and Federal law with some of the resources I mentioned above.

Hopefully this post is helpful! Good luck to all those studying for the GA MPJE! You got this! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Quick Sheet - GA Law .docx
    32 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Federal Law .docx
    24 KB · Views: 1,146
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
1st Attempt: Took it on 09/05, Saturday. Saw my score on 09/09, Wednesday (PASS). 2 - 3 business days, quick turnover.

I did #1, #2, & #4 mentioned by OP. There's really no trick to it. I studied for 2 weeks. Bought GA practice questions from pharmacyexam.com because someone mentioned they only use that. I would say, it's good for info reiteration/sources/explanations (format is not the same as the real exam), but, I wouldn't just rely solely on pharmacyexam. Maybe ProntoPass would have been another good option to use for studying, but because I didn't use it, I couldn't tell you. OP did mention it having good coverage for compounding, I would highly recommend it for practice. Had quite a few compounding questions (5-8, I lost count) - be familiar with the USPs. Luckily, I did a compounding rotation so it wasn't too bad. There were some tricky questions/options. Very few federal questions, mainly state questions. And if I recall, I didn't have any Act questions, so don't spend too much time on that section. Had many controlled substance questions. Lots of "select all" questions, hence, that's why it's good not to skip on the readings. I couldn't tell you which one were the "pre-test" questions, possibly some "select all" questions? I don't know... But try to answer every question with the intention of answering it correctly and apply critical thinking, like, what makes sense and what doesn't make sense in the state of GA. Also, I feel like someone who have worked in the field for a while would have more of an advantage when it comes to answering some of these questions.

Overall, I feel like the exam was doable if you study all the info you need for the exam.

Good luck for the people who haven't taken it or trying to pass it the 2nd time or so. OP did a pretty good job at listing what to use to study for GA MPJE.

Reactions: 4 users
There were a lot of repackaging questions on my GA MPJE, anyone know where I can get more info on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I recently passed the GA MPJE after my second attempt and just wanted to share some helpful tips that worked well for me.
  1. Reading all of the GA 480 (GA - GAC - Department 480. RULES OF GEORGIA STATE BOARD OF PHARMACY)
  2. Reading Title 16 and Title 26 (something I didn't do the first time I took it but found it helpful the second time)
  3. Reading the Feinberg summary of GA law and Federal Law (Pharmacy Law - Examination and Board Review by William J. Feinberg)
  5. Purchased ProntoPass for GA - It was a very helpful resource. The compounding cards cover pretty much anything that could show up on the exam. It does a good job of going over federal law as well and has flashcards. The package also gives multiple federal questions and state specific questions that were helpful. The printout of the statutes was also super helpful and helped me digest the information way better than just reading it from a screen (which is what I did the first time). Definitely would recommend it!
  6. Take some practice questions - I tried taking the NABP Pre-MPJE for GA the first time I took the exam but did not find it helpful at all. The second time around, I ended up purchasing practice questions from passrxnow. Some of the questions were repetitive and they did focus quite a bit on federal law but the GA specific questions were helpful and it did help to solidify major concepts especially concerning controlled substances which is a large portion of the exam.
  7. Also made some study guides that I attached for GA law and Federal law with some of the resources I mentioned above.

Hopefully this post is helpful! Good luck to all those studying for the GA MPJE! You got this! :)
so kind of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I took my GA MPJE 9/8 and got my results yesterday. PASSED!! I did 1, 2, and the study guides posted above. I also purchased the quizzes from pharmacyexam.com. I love that they give the statute after each question. Thank you for your notes!

Reactions: 1 users
I took the MPJE on Monday late afternoon 3/28/22 and got result on Sunday 4/3/22 morning. I passed Thank you for advice above,

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the study guides! They were very helpful. I read Guide to Federal Pharmacy law (Reiss/Hall) couple of times. Purchased ProntoPass for GA, studied the note cards, rxpharmacist online study guide is really good to read all the laws, and I bought pharmacyexam Georgia MPJE and Federal law tests, practiced them couple of times. I spent a good amount to buy all these, but glad I did. I passed the GA MPJE on my first try. When I took the exam, I felt I failed it though. These exams are very unpredictable but you need to go very well prepared! Good luck to everyone who's going to take the GA MPJE.

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Are there compounding questions on the written portion as well (even though the practical compounding exam may be still exempt?) I have some old pronto pass cards- would u recommend getting the newer one of these?