GA-PCOM 2009- Where are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got another question that I was hoping some of you current 4th years (having just got done with the whole process) could clear up for me.
I got myself a little confused today reading some things online and I am hoping some current students will be able to clear things up. So as of now (and I know it is insanely early to be thinking about) I want at least to have the option of doing an AGME residency in SC or GA. I also would like to have a medical license that is open to practice in all states. If I attend a ACGME accredited residency I would then be board certified by ACGME. Would I then not be certified by the AOA or would I be certified by both? This whole intern year thing is really throwing me off and I was hoping to get it cleared up. Say I match into gen surgery at an allopathic program how do I become AOA certified as well. If I am not in one of the 5 states that requires the rotating internship automatically to be AOA board eligible, does the completion of an allopathic residency automatically make me AOA board eligible?

Members don't see this ad.

any word on a list for the innaugural pcom match list?

For the guys and girls who are just finishing can you tell me your thoughts on 3rd and 4th year rotations? Where were the sites? Were they large or small? And your overall satisfaction? I am from SC so I was wondering if anyone had a chance to rotate in ANMED or Spartanburg Regional or if they had heard about the clerkships there (which ones are offered etc.)?

Hi PCOM-ers:
any word on your allo match results? Just curious...

Thanks and congrats on your graduation next month!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi PCOM-ers:
any word on your allo match results? Just curious...

Thanks and congrats on your graduation next month!

Congrats to all of those in the first class graduating today!!!

Congrats to all of those in the first class graduating today!!!

Thanks. Since I started this puppy 4 years ago, I guess I should make a last post. Congrats to all my fellow classmates....What a long, strange trip its been! Good luck to all future GA-PCOMers. We have paved the way for you (for better or worse!). We started in a warehouse and here we are...done ..done ...and done to answer my original question.

Signing off,

Dr. Dr. BMW19