GA-PCOM Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if you can setup your own clinical rotation location? I know there are different tracks like staying around the Atlanta area, then there are some in SC, NC and even some down in Florida. But my question is can you set up your own clinical rotations in a location not on the list?

We were told by our clinical education office that for your 3rd year, you can do you selective/elective rotations wherever you want, as long as the school has an affiliation agreement with the physician (and hospital if the doc has hospital privileges). I know of a few friends who set up rotations outside the state in their hometowns.

I don't know how 4th year will go, but I'm going to assume that rules are more lax as people travel all over for audition rotations and electives.

Members don't see this ad.

So, does anybody know if there is an agreement with Emory? Would love to do the surg rotations there.

So, does anybody know if there is an agreement with Emory? Would love to do the surg rotations there.

You can set up an agreement if there is not one set up already