Gaining Experience

Started by karzzz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

karzzz

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello there!
I graduated with a B.A. in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences with the intent of becoming a Speech Pathologist. After gaining experience within the field I discovered that doing therapy was not for me. Anyways, I recently shadowed an Audiologist for a month and loved her job! I want to apply for AUD programs, but I lack experience related to the field and having difficulty finding something... Any suggestions?
 
Contact some local audiologists in your area and inform them you are a student and would like to shadow. Many of us even in the private sector are very into education and would be happy to let a student shadow.

Many VA hospitals will also allow students to shadow, but the process is a little more complicated due to privacy reasons, but feel free to contact your closest VA speech and audiology department and ask about shadowing.