Game On or Game Over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kakashi2016

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
International student from Nigeria. Graduated with a 3.3 Gpa in Biology (3.6 non science 3.0 science). 501-503 MCAT. Applied in November 2019 but did not get any interview, wasn’t expecting to tbh just wanted to see.

Have extracurricular, volunteer and clinical experience (nothing crazy but decent). Done non clinical research with US department of agriculture and clinical research on breast cancer at University of Indianapolis. Currently using my gap year to get a masters degree in anatomical science where I’m taking only graduate level science classes. This is to show med schools I can actually handle the coursework, I just started college at 16 so I was quite irresponsible. Finished my first semester with straight A’s (took anatomy, neuroscience and cancer biology. Will have my masters degree by age 22 (currently 20).

Looking to reapply on time next year to DO schools and HBCU MD schools. Any thoughts on whether I have any hope(game on?) or just go into a different healthcare field (game over). General advise also welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

International student from Nigeria. Graduated with a 3.3 Gpa in Biology (3.6 non science 3.0 science). 501-503 MCAT. Applied in November 2019 but did not get any interview, wasn’t expecting to tbh just wanted to see.

Have extracurricular, volunteer and clinical experience (nothing crazy but decent). Done non clinical research with US department of agriculture and clinical research on breast cancer at University of Indianapolis. Currently using my gap year to get a masters degree in anatomical science where I’m taking only graduate level science classes. This is to show med schools I can actually handle the coursework, I just started college at 16 so I was quite irresponsible. Finished my first semester with straight A’s (took anatomy, neuroscience and cancer biology. Will have my masters degree by age 22 (currently 20).

Looking to reapply on time next year to DO schools and HBCU MD schools. Any thoughts on whether I have any hope(game on?) or just go into a different healthcare field (game over). General advise also welcome.
I think an SMP program to prove yourself would be helpful. I think you need a higher MCAT for DO schools.