Program-Specific Info / Q's Gannon University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT1738

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to Gannon University? Or any current students?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I'm still waiting to hear back from them

Hi! I was accepted on December 12th!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Are you going to accept?

Thank you. I was actually debating on going home so early, but I'm glad I did. As soon as I got there, my mom had a letter in her hand from Gannon. Definitely didn't think I'd hear from them so soon. To answer your question, I'm not entirely sure. The enrollment deposit is due in two weeks. At this point, I think I'm using Gannon as a backup. I will admit that it's a pretty penny & they are not yet accredited. My biggest concern is not being able to sit for the NOTCE because the program I graduated from was not accredited. According to the research I've done online, very few programs that reach candidacy status are denied accreditation. So it's definitely something to consider.

Thank you. I was actually debating on going home so early, but I'm glad I did. As soon as I got there, my mom had a letter in her hand from Gannon. Definitely didn't think I'd hear from them so soon. To answer your question, I'm not entirely sure. The enrollment deposit is due in two weeks. At this point, I think I'm using Gannon as a backup. I will admit that it's a pretty penny & they are not yet accredited. My biggest concern is not being able to sit for the NOTCE because the program I graduated from was not accredited. According to the research I've done online, very few programs that reach candidacy status are denied accreditation. So it's definitely something to consider.

Did you decide about whether you are going to accept or not? I turned down Governor's states offer and decided to accept Gannon's. I honestly don't believe they'll have any issues with accreditation.

Did you decide about whether you are going to accept or not? I turned down Governor's states offer and decided to accept Gannon's. I honestly don't believe they'll have any issues with accreditation.
I decided to accept.

I decided to accept also or for now. And Gannon U's stats is "pre-accreditation" vs. candidacy status. Are you from Florida?

I decided to accept.

Congratulations to you also! I just paid my deposit on friday which wasn't too bad since it was only $150. Are you from Florida also?

I've been speaking with Desire on a DAILY BASIS haha and she told me this "Your cohort would not experience any issues with accreditation, as the timeline to make adjustments (if needed) would be handled years before you graduate. Accreditation should not be a true concern for any student joining us, but especially for those who started 2016 and beyond."

Thank you and congratulations to you all! No, I am not from Florida. But if it's any consolation, I've visited Miami a few times. Eventually, I know I have to find housing since the extension campus doesn't offer it. I think I have a plan, now I just need a few roommates.

Thank you and congratulations to you all! No, I am not from Florida. But if it's any consolation, I've visited Miami a few times. Eventually, I know I have to find housing since the extension campus doesn't offer it. I think I have a plan, now I just need a few roommates.

Are you going to find apartments nearby?

I'm looking into the Brandon/Riverview area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a letter saying I was placed on the waitlist. I applied late though and am finishing my last prereq.

Hey! Congratulations to you yall! I am a senior in undergrad and hoping to apply to Gannon this fall! Would any of you mind sharing your stats with me? I haven't been able to find out a ton about their acceptance rates and am a little worried that I dont know what I'm getting into!

Undergrad major: Anthropology
Undergrad GPA: 3.74
Prereq GPA: 3.02?
OTCAS-calculated cummulative GPA: 2.86
V: 157 Q: 145 AWA: 4

Massage therapist since 2005, briefly an ER scribe last year, clinical care extender volunteer in a hospital for 9 month, and have been an ABA therapist for autistic kids and teens for the past 6 months. Shadowed 4 hours in a pediatric facility, and 40 hours at an adult rehab hospital.

Reactions: 1 users
Undergrad major: Anthropology
Undergrad GPA: 3.74
Prereq GPA: 3.02?
OTCAS-calculated cummulative GPA: 2.86
V: 157 Q: 145 AWA: 4

Massage therapist since 2005, briefly an ER scribe last year, clinical care extender volunteer in a hospital for 9 month, and have been an ABA therapist for autistic kids and teens for the past 6 months. Shadowed 4 hours in a pediatric facility, and 40 hours at an adult rehab hospital.
Thank you! Do you mind me asking if you ended up getting into the program? or other places you applied/got in?

I won't know until after May 15th, which is the deadline to submit the documentation for my hours and such. Cuts things super close since classes start June 1st (thankfully online only for the summer, so it gives me time to move).

Reactions: 1 user
I won't know until after May 15th, which is the deadline to submit the documentation for my hours and such. Cuts things super close since classes start June 1st (thankfully online only for the summer, so it gives me time to move).
Have you looked into Western New England University OTD program? They are still accepting applicants

Have you looked into Western New England University OTD program? They are still accepting applicants
I have not, no. Although I just got some big envelope from Gannon today aaaand...it is just an informational packet. LOL! Like what the hell, guys!? Either an acceptance or a rejection were my expectations from that fancy thing, haha.

Cheaper than the OTD!

Where are you gonna be living?

i have no idea. i put in a graduate housing app but haven't heard anything (they sent me info way late so i'm behind on everything). i don't know the area at all and i'm not close so i thought this would be the way to go at first.

are you definitely accepting??

i have no idea. i put in a graduate housing app but haven't heard anything (they sent me info way late so i'm behind on everything). i don't know the area at all and i'm not close so i thought this would be the way to go at first.

are you definitely accepting??

I already accepted, yeah. What area do you currently live in? I'm in SoCal. I'd love to find others from this cohort. The better connected, the better we'll all do.

I already accepted, yeah. What area do you currently live in? I'm in SoCal. I'd love to find others from this cohort. The better connected, the better we'll all do.

wow, you're coming a distance. I'm just over in nyc (8hr car ride/2hr by plane). idk anything about erie.

very glad to find a classmate! i've never taken an online class b4,i know i'm going to be confused.

wow, you're coming a distance. I'm just over in nyc (8hr car ride/2hr by plane). idk anything about erie.

very glad to find a classmate! i've never taken an online class b4,i know i'm going to be confused.
I think if you are used to living in expensive areas, Erie is super cheap judging by a look around Craigslist. I've been told it's super cheap to buy a house there, too. I mean, it's certainly no San Francisco in terms of cost of living, thank goodness :)

Also, it seems to be a big college town, so that's kinda cool.

I think if you are used to living in expensive areas, Erie is super cheap judging by a look around Craigslist. I've been told it's super cheap to buy a house there, too. I mean, it's certainly no San Francisco in terms of cost of living, thank goodness :)

Also, it seems to be a big college town, so that's kinda cool.

I don't want to buy a house there but the lower cost of living will be a huge help! esp. with this school taking all of our money. got that email today about the $75 organization fee and don't even want to look up textbooks... seriously, what does my tuition cover!!? #negativenancy

but I'll be happy when we start :D

I don't want to buy a house there but the lower cost of living will be a huge help! esp. with this school taking all of our money. got that email today about the $75 organization fee and don't even want to look up textbooks... seriously, what does my tuition cover!!? #negativenancy

but I'll be happy when we start :D
Haha. I know. I need to get student loans for living expenses, too! I have heard working the first semester or even year isn't advised.

I am gonna get all my books in .PDF form. Cheaper and easier that way for online classes. I never buy them if I can avoid it.

Hello everyone, I'm going to be joining you guys in the MSOT program in the erie campus! YAY! I'm also from new york and will be driving up there in a few weeks to look for apartments.

Hello everyone, I'm going to be joining you guys in the MSOT program in the erie campus! YAY! I'm also from new york and will be driving up there in a few weeks to look for apartments.

that's great! really happy to have found some classmates. can't believe we're actually starting next week!

i don't think i'm going to be able to make it up there before we start in august so i'm going to be selecting an apt without really seeing it... if you could share any details about the area when you make the trip it would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

Is interview required ?
Did you figure out if it was required or not? Accidentally applied right before the interview date but haven't heard about another interview date...

Hi, I was recently accpeted to Gannon’s msot program (yay)! I was wondering if any of you were current students and had any input on the program. Thanks!

Hi, I was recently accpeted to Gannon’s msot program (yay)! I was wondering if any of you were current students and had any input on the program. Thanks!
When did you apply? I haven't heard anything from them yet :(

I just received a letter today that I am waitlisted so... We shall see what happens for 2018 but I hope I get accepted #crossfingers#

When did you apply? I haven't heard anything from them yet :(
I just got my email acceptance this morning and it’ll also be coming in the mail too! I submitted my app 2/7 and heard back a month later. Is anyone on this thread deciding to go to Gannon and is there a Facebook group?

Anyone who received acceptance willing to share their stats?!? :)

I just received a letter today that I am waitlisted so... We shall see what happens for 2018 but I hope I get accepted #crossfingers#
Fingers crossed! What are your stats?!

I accepted a seat in the OTD program but will probably be turning it down soon because I got into a cheaper school so waitlist will be moving :)

it's ok. i like the professors.

I accepted a seat in the OTD program but will probably be turning it down soon because I got into a cheaper school so waitlist will be moving :)
I applied to the MSOT program the same time as the OTD program but got accepted to the OTD program a week ago. Just got an email today that I was accepted to the MSOT program as well so will likely be considering the MSOT program now instead of the OTD unless I get accepted into other schools!

Since you said it is "ok", what is it that you dislike?

there's nothing I really dislike... it's just ok haha. Erie definitely not too great tho, that's for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Like the location is not too great? The weather seems very cold there haha

it's definitely cold. i was prepared for the cold and the snow but not the constant grey skies.

the location's not too great either but you get used to it... having a car helps a lot (i don't have one). if you're from around the area it'll probably be fine.