Gap between Chem 1 and 2 advice

Started by kalle001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kalle001

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking chemistry 2 in the spring and it has been two years since I have taken chemistry 1. Any advice on how to prepare myself? I feel like I don't remember anything from chemistry right now.

My friend who just graduated gave me her old MCAT books so I was considering going over the chemistry one.

I just want to spend the next semester doing whatever I need to do to prepare for the class so I can do the best I can. Thank you in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AFAIR, there is little overlap between Chem 1 & Chem 2.
+1

OP, I took AP Chem in sophomore year of HS, then Gen Chem 2 first semester college; I didn't do any special prep, and did fine in the course. In fact, my school even said that you could test out of Chem 1 if you felt like you knew chemistry and jump right into Chem 2.

You'll be fine.