Gap between Chem 1 and 2 advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalle001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking chemistry 2 in the spring and it has been two years since I have taken chemistry 1. Any advice on how to prepare myself? I feel like I don't remember anything from chemistry right now.

My friend who just graduated gave me her old MCAT books so I was considering going over the chemistry one.

I just want to spend the next semester doing whatever I need to do to prepare for the class so I can do the best I can. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

AFAIR, there is little overlap between Chem 1 & Chem 2. Only basic stoichiometry and acid/base stuff. Might wanna look into that, I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
You could always just ask the professor what type of knowledge he/she expects you to have going into the course.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT review books are probably a good place to cover basic concepts

Reactions: 1 user
Khan Academy.

/thread

AFAIR, there is little overlap between Chem 1 & Chem 2.
+1

OP, I took AP Chem in sophomore year of HS, then Gen Chem 2 first semester college; I didn't do any special prep, and did fine in the course. In fact, my school even said that you could test out of Chem 1 if you felt like you knew chemistry and jump right into Chem 2.

You'll be fine.

I think you'll be okay. Maybe get a chemistry review book- check what's recommended on Amazon.