Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Gap between Chem 1 and 2 help

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by kalle001, Aug 5, 2015.

1. kalle001

Pre-Medical
    I'm taking chemistry 2 in the spring and it has been two years since I have taken chemistry 1. Any advice on how to prepare myself? I feel like I don't remember anything from chemistry right now.

My friend who just graduated gave me her old MCAT books so I was considering going over the chemistry one.

I just want to spend the next semester doing whatever I need to do to prepare for the class so I can do the best I can. Thank you in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GCSDOC

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Pick up EK1001 chemistry and go through it doing all the problems....it will be a big help

Gurby and kalle001 like this.
  4. Apollo1

Apollo1 Deciding between MD/DO and PA
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  5. kalle001

Pre-Medical
  6. popopopop

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You'll be fine. What I would do is find the book your school is using, a syllabus for any chem1 course, and browse through the text and do some questions. You'll probably do well in chem2 with decent algebra skills alone. You'll be glad when you see a concept question because those tend to be easier.

kalle001 likes this.
  7. Vespasian

Vespasian "Vae, puto deus fio!"
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Just finished Chem 1 & Chem 2 (literally, yesterday for Chem 2). Based on what I saw I'd say brush up on your basic algebra skills (logs, rearranging equations, quadratic formula) and some basic chem stuff (converting b/w grams and moles, periodic table trends, molarity). When you actually start the class I'd suggest supplementing your class lectures with Khan Academy.

I felt that Chem 2 was a little easier than Chem 1.

kalle001 likes this.