Gap year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idkwhocares

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't match to a residency last year, reapplied during my surgical internship this year and matched to an advanced PM&R spot. Didnt apply to separate internships this year, just wasn't feasible with my schedule and other interviews. I have a gap year now, and I'm in a state where I'm eligible for license after one year of training and passing level 3 (DO). Anyone have experience with censeo? Seems like a low risk way to moonlight for a year, but I'm worried there won't actually be enough work to keep a steady income.

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't match to a residency last year, reapplied during my surgical internship this year and matched to an advanced PM&R spot. Didnt apply to separate internships this year, just wasn't feasible with my schedule and other interviews. I have a gap year now, and I'm in a state where I'm eligible for license after one year of training and passing level 3 (DO). Anyone have experience with censeo? Seems like a low risk way to moonlight for a year, but I'm worried there won't actually be enough work to keep a steady income.

You'll be fine as long as you can get a license.

Does anyone else have experience in this situation? I have looked in to urgent cares as well, but I'll be living in a metro area and I have read that many will still require BC/BE status (not to mention the higher risk associated with that job). I'd be grateful if anyone has suggestions for other moonlighting options, specifically in OH