Gchem question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankees27th

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is from Topscore gchem test 1 (question 65)

What is the Ksp for BaCl2?
The answer says [Ba][Cl]
Shouldn't it be [Ba][Cl]^2 ?

EDIT: Now I have some Topscore ochem questions too.

78. How can cis-1,2-cyclopentanediol be a meso compound?
94. When finding R and S, which has a higher priority: Br or F. I thought F since it's more electronegative. The answer says this:
Br
F-C-CHO
H
is S.
98. I'm not sure what it's called, but shouldn't cyclooctane with four pi bonds be anti-aromatic? The answer says it can't be because the molecule is not planar, but I'm pretty sure it is. Every carbon atom is sp2 hybridized...

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
65 is C, not A according to their fixes page.

78. there is an axis of symmetry right down the middle of the 1-2 bond.

94. more weight, higher priority.

98. it isnt planar (look for a picture) so the aromaticity doesnt apply.

This is from Topscore gchem test 1 (question 65)

What is the Ksp for BaCl2?
The answer says [Ba][Cl]
Shouldn't it be [Ba][Cl]^2 ?

EDIT: Now I have some Topscore ochem questions too.

78. How can cis-1,2-cyclopentanediol be a meso compound?
94. When finding R and S, which has a higher priority: Br or F. I thought F since it's more electronegative. The answer says this:
Br
F-C-CHO
H
is S.
98. I'm not sure what it's called, but shouldn't cyclooctane with four pi bonds be anti-aromatic? The answer says it can't be because the molecule is not planar, but I'm pretty sure it is. Every carbon atom is sp2 hybridized...

Thanks everyone!

For chemistry section one, the answer they've put as the correct one is wrong. The answer is C, but they have the right answer as A. Don't get mixed up with this!

For ochem #78, the two molecules a and c both have an axis of symmetry down the middle.

for #94, R and S configurations generally don't have anything to do with electronegativity, it's all about the molecular weight of the atom/molecule.

#98, the most correct answer is d, that's how I looked at it anyway...i'm not sure how to help on this one.

as for the answer key (is that the 'fixes page'?) all you have to do, is go to Reports, and then test detail. fill out which test you want to see, and it'll pop up.