Gen Chem I and II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PistonFan531

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much harder did you guys find analytical chem to be compared to gen chem I?

Members don't see this ad.

i thought Gen Chem I , II, Org Chem I and II was really easy... Just hang in there and i think you'll be alright buddy,

General molecular chem was better for me because I enjoyed it more. General quantitative chem (solution stoichiometry, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, acid-base equilibria, etc.) is not really harder, but I found it more difficult just because I find it less interesting. Analytical Chemistry (chromatography,spectroscopy, Mass Spec, etc.) can be difficult, but I enjoyed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an A in analytical and a B in gen chem II lol, it's b/c my gen chem II prof had no idea what she was doing. I like analytical though...except the lab, the lab was dead boring.

Analytical chemistry is not hard. However, the lab is more difficult to get a good grade because you have to do a lot of titrations to find the real percent of the substance in the unknown. I remember my professor will give anyone a Zero if your finding is 5% different from the literature value.