1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Gen Chem simple set up problem

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by IdahoDoc, Dec 19, 2008.

1. IdahoDoc

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If someone could please explain how they are setting up this problem that would be great. I can do the math out and get the correct answer i just don't see how they set it up. thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Svart Aske

Svart Aske is stabbing his eyes out
    10+ Year Member

It doesn't display on my Word. You might want to repost in another format if others can't see.

3. yankees27th

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Same here. Word pops up and says "quicktime and decompressor are needed to see this picture"

4. IdahoDoc

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks guys I will try to do it another way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Panther85

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Qhow many moles of water are formed from 100g H2 and 100g O2 asssuming the reaction goes to completion?

1) write out formula: H2+.5O2-> H2O
    2) find limiting reactant- its oxygen bc it has a heavier molar mass compared to hydrogen therefore there are less moles of O2 in 100g than moles of H2. dont bother doing the calculation: save time
    3) set up dimensional anaylsis:
    )
    100 g O2 x (1 mol O2/ 32g O2) x ( 1 mol H2O/ .5 mol O2) = 100/(32x.5) or 2(100/32) which is choice C

6. IdahoDoc

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
  7. IdahoDoc

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks Panther 85, I got it now I was skipping this part (1 mol H2O/ .5 mol O2).