Gen Chem TBR solubility

Started by syk92
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

syk92

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please see the image attached.

I understand why A and B can't be the answer. But I'm having a hard time convincing why D can't be the answer. Why are they in a linear relationship?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 3.44.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 3.44.06 PM.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 146
Because ph= -log H+ so you are comparing logs that's how I would eliminate B and D. And since we know that when the pH decreases there would be more dissociation of calcium hydroxide and when the ph increases the opposite happens to maintain a constant ph (buffer) then the answer is C
 
Last edited by a moderator: