Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hehe that sounds terrible when read the wrong way![]()
😳 totally embarrased (and, no, i wasn't an english major or anything)...
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hehe that sounds terrible when read the wrong way![]()
Hey everyone, new to the board here! 🙂
Just wondering if any of the other lesbian pre-vets also voted 'single' in that other thread? 😉
Maybe someone should start another thread for "speed dating" so all the singles out there can hook up with other crazy vet folks.
Maybe someone should start another thread for "speed dating" so all the singles out there can hook up with other crazy vet folks.
Maybe someone should start another thread for "speed dating" so all the singles out there can hook up with other crazy vet folks.
I call "Chulito!"
(another plug for seattle being the coolest place to live!)

hoooray for that!
and yes, I agree with the openings available for gay/lesbians in medicine. If you're not straight in whatever way - even if you do like the opposite sex but you deviate from the norm, whatever - it seems the best thing to do is live in a liberal city and associate with well-educated/progressive people. of course, but it bears saying again: it's not your career path per se that will dictate the acceptance of people around you, but with whom you choose to associate. sounds obvious but it's true....![]()
It has more to do with who you associate with and less to do with where you live. I hate it when people count out the South without knowing much about the people who live here.
That's so funny that you mentioned that about the equestrian issue because Friday night I was dancing at a club with my gay friend and his gay friend told me he used to ride rodeo. I didn't know it was that common until I read this thread!
i am interested in learning more about us veterinary gays. for all those gay vets to be out there, would you rather live with a Bear or take care of one in a zoo? i choose the former.
But in general, I've worked with very few straight guys in the animal field - mostly women or community service workers. And the straight guys, aside from the vets, were very disinterested with the whole animal thing.. 😕

I must say that the most fun I've probably ever had working with a vet was when the gay tech was there. Nothing makes surgeries and playing with poo more interesting than a ~55yo gay guy making quipsBut in general, I've worked with very few straight guys in the animal field - mostly women or community service workers. And the straight guys, aside from the vets, were very disinterested with the whole animal thing.. 😕
I loved the bear question![]()
Argh, I've met no guys in the vet field! Unless you count the married docs, or the docs who could be my dad. And when I do finally meet a guy in the field, there's a good chance he's gay?! 🙄 Well, at least I'm not going to vet school to get my MRS degree.

for all those gay vets to be out there, would you rather live with a Bear or take care of one in a zoo? i choose the former.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.