IranBrooklyn77

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,
Destroyer 2015 General Chemistry question 185 I am thinking that the answer would be C but The correct answer is E. I understand polar molecules are soluble in water but there is no Hydrogen bonding in molecules.

Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
Apr 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,
Destroyer 2015 General Chemistry question 185 I am thinking that the answer would be C but The correct answer is E. I understand polar molecules are soluble in water but there is no Hydrogen bonding in molecules.
Type the question I only have the 2016 version

ChewyDrop

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2015
Status
Dental Student
What is the "molecules" that you are talking about? Remember about dipole-induced.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hello everyone,
WHOA WHOA WHOA.......you are missing the ENTIRE concept here......it is not hydrogen bonding, but OSMOSIS !!!! In osmosis, we see a movement of solute molecules from the DILUTE solvent side to the concentrated. The salt on the left is actually TWICE as much or 100mM because it can break up into 2 ions !!!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Romano

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat