General Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IranBrooklyn77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Destroyer 2015 General Chemistry question 185 I am thinking that the answer would be C but The correct answer is E. I understand polar molecules are soluble in water but there is no Hydrogen bonding in molecules.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
Destroyer 2015 General Chemistry question 185 I am thinking that the answer would be C but The correct answer is E. I understand polar molecules are soluble in water but there is no Hydrogen bonding in molecules.
Type the question I only have the 2016 version

Hello everyone,
WHOA WHOA WHOA.......you are missing the ENTIRE concept here......it is not hydrogen bonding, but OSMOSIS !!!! In osmosis, we see a movement of solute molecules from the DILUTE solvent side to the concentrated. The salt on the left is actually TWICE as much or 100mM because it can break up into 2 ions !!!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Romano

Reactions: 1 user