General Chemistry....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
....is such a spectator sport.:laugh:

It's not like I pour sulfuric acid and I get to watch myself react with it in lab.:D

Members don't see this ad.

enough with the stupid threads

ty

Originally posted by flong
enough with the stupid threads

ty

oh sorry.:spam:

Look it is not my fault that people get intimidated with stellar stats posted here and this forum needs to be stupefied:p
(Don't want to start on this again either such threads seem to have an amazing habit of degenerating into bashing of such people lately).

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, ya know depends on what you mean by "ridiculous". I just started this thread just to blow off some steam and get people to chill.

It also gets tiring if you respond to the same thing over and over which is what I see a lot of in this forum.

If you stop replying to this thread, it will die faster. DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by flong
If you stop replying to this thread, it will die faster. DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then stop posting to this thread flong.:D

On a more serious note.
What's the difference between electronegativity and electron affinity?:confused:

I though they were slightly different.
Electron affinity is ability to attract electrons in a molecule
while electronegativity is ability to grab electrons from other atoms.:confused:

Originally posted by blankguy
I though they were slightly different.
Electron affinity is ability to attract electrons in a molecule
while electronegativity is ability to grab electrons from other atoms.:confused:

Right...which then forms what, class? That's right--a molecule.

Originally posted by aphistis
Right...which then forms what, class? That's right--a molecule.

Which makes the existance of aphistis possible.:D
Don't bother asking me how to writeout the molecular formula of aphistis:scared:

Some water, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphate, sodium, potassium, etc., etc., etc., all thrown together just so.

Oh, and lots of hot air. :D

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
But this forum has been completely ruined by threads that are ridiculous.

I agree, I think the best way to handle them is to post completely ridiculous answers.

Originally posted by aphistis
Some water, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphate, sodium, potassium, etc., etc., etc., all thrown together just so.

Oh, and lots of hot air. :D

You aphistis would not be possible if Carbons didn't catanize to form infinate chains of Carbons. :cool:

Hey are you Polar? What is your dipolar moment?
:D

Originally posted by Zurich5
I agree, I think the best way to handle them is to post completely ridiculous answers.

Oh I see. Throw gas into burning flame:rolleyes:

Originally posted by blankguy
You aphistis would not be possible if Carbons didn't catanize to form infinate chains of Carbons. :cool:

Hey are you Polar? What is your dipolar moment?
:D

Carbon atoms don't ionize when they polymerize. As for the polarity...well, some people might tell you I can get a little bipolar, but that's just near exams ;)

One more thing:

Oh I see. Throw gas into burning flame:rolleyes:
Pot, meet my friend Kettle.