General dentist looking for post-match GPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmf22

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a general dentist looking into a GPR position with 2 years of private practice. I recently sat for the CBSE and looking for a GPR position to gain more hospital experience for OS applications.

Members don't see this ad.

Better to do an intern year
I would apply for internships but at this point internship positions have been filled and I am looking for a position for july 2022 instead of staying in private practice another year.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would apply for internships but at this point internship positions have been filled and I am looking for a position for july 2022 instead of staying in private practice another year.
you need to continue to check. internships will continue to be opened. people quit and etc. I got a position in May

Reactions: 1 users
Do OS programs actually prefer a GPR over time in private practice? Just seems like a bummer to have to take a big pay cut and go back for a GPR.

Do OS programs actually prefer a GPR over time in private practice? Just seems like a bummer to have to take a big pay cut and go back for a GPR.
I've been told so by two program directors

What is CBSE? Pardon my ignorance....