This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neatknots

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I've been reading SDN since for about 15 years but this is my first post.
I have a contract renegotiation coming up. Can someone help me with the most recent MGMA or fair market values for wRVU/yr, $/wRVU, total reimbursement etc.? I am the only (general or otherwise) surgeon in a rural area, basically on call 24/7, and have a very broad scope of practice.
I am fine with private messages.
Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Can't you purchase this data for a couple hundred bucks or less?

I want to know what people are actually getting- fair market compensation per wRVU, how many RVUS's per year and total compensation for comparison. MGMA is great data to use as a recommendation, but that is all it is. Now that I am in rural surgery, I don't have a full staff of surgeons to discuss these sorts of things. I think that forums are probably the best way to semi-privately (or in complete privacy via PM) discuss this very important element of our careers.
 
You won't get much more than mgma because of various laws. So maybe secure a signing bonus. Also you should not ever agree to take call 24/7. Even if you want to do this, keep it to yourself, and be sure your contractual obligation is spelled out as a maximum # days per month, with all relevant details, and also a reasonable $ per call.