General Surgery to Anesthesiology

Started by sugarplum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sugarplum

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if you folks can help me out:

I'm a categorical GS intern who would like to make the switch to anesthesiology. I've read on other posts that there may be positions outside of the match for CA-1 spots. How does one go about securing one of these positions, and how difficult is it? Do you know of any other people who have done this?

Please note I would very much prefer to stay in California, or at the very least the west coast.

Thanks in advance for your response.