MHA GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY OR SETON HALL UNI.?? FOR MHA ON CAMPUS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

For MHA , george mason university or seton hall university?

• george mason

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seton hall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

optmstnck

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends I applied to MHA for spring 2016.
I've got admission to Marymount uni., Seton hall & George mason uni.
I'm so much confused between George mason & Seton hall.
FOLLOWING INFO IS FOR MHA PROGRAM (ON CAMPUS)
According to USNEWS, GMU rank is 33 & SHU rank is 52 for MHA on campus.
GMU-
FEES- FOR 2.5 YR- $ 64000

SHU (DONT HAVE MUCH IDEA ABOUT SHU AS DONT HAVE ANY FRIEND FROM THERE)
SHU FEES FOR 2 YRS-$49342
Because of ranking I wanna go 4 GMU but My friend (who is already studying at GMU in MHA)is telling me to go 4 SHU.
In his words the comparison between GMU & SHU that he told me is below:----
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''''I would like share some information about GMU so that you can make sound decision. GMU is more costly that other university you have applied for. Its 1376$ / credit , worth course of 46 credit. They tend to increase 80-90$/credit every year. Also, 2600$ for one year insurance. So, I would suggest to come here if you have financial support and stability for sure.
Second, If you can get admission in Seton Hall university , I would suggest you to go for it rather GMU.
Pros : Seton hall, situated in New jersey, near new York. so off campus is easy to get. GMU has no off campus jobs for sure.
Seton hall , cheap . courses are offered on regular bases. Internship chances are more in new York. 2 year course , less credit. while GMU, 2.5 year course , more credit and course structure is complex. you have to take course what they offer or you will end up loosing money.
Cons , for Seton hall, near by area is not good for living , so transportation cost you have to bare. no near by housing available.
On campus jobs at GMU are available but the number of competitions are high also, especially with all Indians. So depends on your profile and approach. Also, there are no off campus jobs available here . so remember that.

I honestly believe you should consider financial expensive before coming to GMU. So, If you can afford expenses for fees, insurance, living expenses and course duration of 2.5 year , then go for GMU. ""

Members don't see this ad.