GeorgeSquared SMP vs G2ABS vs Georgetown SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cellochic

I have ideal gas
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Georgetown SMP is really the best out of all the choices, but I guess I'm confused really the difference between the G2SMP and the Georgetown SMP or the difference between the ABS certificate program and G2SMP if they offer relatively the same classes, just one being a certificate program.

I think I've been looking at programs too long for one day. Everything is starting to look the same... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The G2SMP is modeled after the Georgetown SMP. Both programs take 6 Georgetown MS1 classes and take the same exam for those. The remaining courses are grad classes on neuroscience, genetics, etc. The difference between the two programs is in which faculty is teaching these grad classes (GU vs GMU). Also, most of the MS1 lectures given to the G2SMPers are lecture captured.

The ABS certificate is not an SMP, meaning that they do not take any medical courses. It's a more traditional grade/MCAT-enhancing postbacc. Some of their classes are taught by Georgetown faculty.