Georgetown Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuron88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the reputation/impression of neurology residency at Georgetown? How are they in getting jobs (including academic) after residency or fellowship at Georgetown? I know they are the best in DC but I hear that they are not as well regarded among the top programs and I am wondering why since it seems good to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The reputation when I was applying several years ago was such that I abandoned the idea of applying in DC at all. I heard from several friends with ties to the DC area that the department was struggling financially.

Reactions: 1 user
Since my original post, I came to realize that it is so hard to say about reputation because it is so subjective and sometimes biased. I heard about the financial struggle in the 90s. Last month, I did not see evidence of a financially struggling department (hot breakfast on interview day?!) and the building of a brand new hospital that will break ground some time late 2018 with guaranteed neuro space.