Georgetown SMP vs NYMC AMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AnotherPre-med

Medical Student
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to decide between these two programs. I would love any suggestions / advice regarding the two programs. I will be taking the first year medical school courses with the M1 students in both the programs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so are you deciding between different programs? Personally, I like the small class size and the guaranteed interview. Also, I know georgetown pretty well, and NYMC is student oriented. I strongly believe that it will give you a higher chance to get into a MD school. I had the chance to talk to several students / alumni, and pretty much all of them got into a medical school.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm deciding between NYMC AMP and Temple ACHS. I also really like the class size of NYMC's program and the guaranteed interview is huge. My goal is to try and get into med school directly following an SMP/postbac program. I'm trying to gauge how the guaranteed interview for the AMP compares to the "linkages" offered from Temple ACHS in terms of successful matriculation upon meeting academic/MCAT performance benchmarks.
 
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm deciding between NYMC AMP and Temple ACHS. I also really like the class size of NYMC's program and the guaranteed interview is huge. My goal is to try and get into med school directly following an SMP/postbac program. I'm trying to gauge how the guaranteed interview for the AMP compares to the "linkages" offered from Temple ACHS in terms of successful matriculation upon meeting academic/MCAT performance benchmarks.
> I think the interview is a lot better. I don't have to worry about "trying" to get an interview via linkages. I'm not too sure about temple ACHS though. Do you take classes with medical students in that?