Georgetown SMP vs NYMC AMP

AnotherPre-med

Nov 11, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to decide between these two programs. I would love any suggestions / advice regarding the two programs. I will be taking the first year medical school courses with the M1 students in both the programs.

About the Ads

apomer

Mar 27, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey, so are you deciding between different programs? Personally, I like the small class size and the guaranteed interview. Also, I know georgetown pretty well, and NYMC is student oriented. I strongly believe that it will give you a higher chance to get into a MD school. I had the chance to talk to several students / alumni, and pretty much all of them got into a medical school.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm deciding between NYMC AMP and Temple ACHS. I also really like the class size of NYMC's program and the guaranteed interview is huge. My goal is to try and get into med school directly following an SMP/postbac program. I'm trying to gauge how the guaranteed interview for the AMP compares to the "linkages" offered from Temple ACHS in terms of successful matriculation upon meeting academic/MCAT performance benchmarks.

Reactions: 1 user

AnotherPre-med

Nov 11, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm deciding between NYMC AMP and Temple ACHS. I also really like the class size of NYMC's program and the guaranteed interview is huge. My goal is to try and get into med school directly following an SMP/postbac program. I'm trying to gauge how the guaranteed interview for the AMP compares to the "linkages" offered from Temple ACHS in terms of successful matriculation upon meeting academic/MCAT performance benchmarks.
> I think the interview is a lot better. I don't have to worry about "trying" to get an interview via linkages. I'm not too sure about temple ACHS though. Do you take classes with medical students in that?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.