Georgetown v. Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undecided2

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on attending Georgetown, where I went to undergrad, when I received an acceptance in the mail, off the waitlist, to Tufts. Now, I am having trouble deciding between the two. They seem so equivalent. Any thoughts on what to do?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know so much about either school, but if all else is equal, maybei t would be fun to try a new place.

Hey undecided2, I tried to PM you but I guess you can't, can you read the other Gtown post cause I have a few questions about it. As far as Gtown vs. Tufts, being from Boston, but being a Hoya grad, I'd say its a major toss-up, but a good problem to have.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know much about Georgetown, except that they're very expensive just like Tufts. Which place intrigues you more? DC or Boston? You can't go wrong with either school, I think. I loved almost everything about Tufts when I visited for my interview. Congratulations on a great dilemma. :)

bumping a 6 year old thread

Anyone have any other opinions? I am having a hard time trying to choose between the two. Thanks in advance.

bumping a 6 year old thread

Anyone have any other opinions? I am having a hard time trying to choose between the two. Thanks in advance.
Georgetown! Of course, I have a bias because everyone in my family who is a M.D. went to G'Town for medical school. Go Hoyas!

Yeah I'm in the same situation. Anyone else have any other reasons why one is better than the other based off of _____ (insert something ex. prestige, students, curriculum, opportunities after med school, residency match.)

i never interviewed at tufts, but i disliked georgetown while i was there (i say this about very few places). i would choose tufts.

Why do you guys (jelly476, amwatts0322) say Tufts?

I was not impressed with the admissions people at Georgetown.. they seemed very rude!...but I love DC though!

They are both excellent programs, but different. The third and fourth year rotation schedules are different. The types of hospitals your rotate at are also different. Both will give you an excellent education for a similar price.

Sometimes you have to just go with your gut. There is something way down inside that will draw you to one or the other. You might not be able to put your finger on it, but that is where you should go. Everyone will have there own opinions based on THEIR experiences. This is a very individual decision. Be thankful that you are faced with it, and whatever you do...do not have buyer's remorse. Make your decision and own it.

Wherever you end up, good luck and enjoy.
FDGB

(I am a Jumbo and a Hoya, or is it a Hoya and a Jumbo)

I was not impressed with the admissions people at Georgetown.. they seemed very rude!...but I love DC though!

While I would not based my decision on the admissions staff, you have to go with what you see.

Anyone have any info on the new curriculum at Georgetown for the c/o 2012? How does that compare to the curriculum at Tufts?