Georgetown vs George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owleyes42

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Georgetown
Pros
  • Higher Ranked
  • Well Known School
  • No internal ranking
  • More focused on Community Service
Cons
  • Heard that the curriculum is very tough and the class is full of gunners
  • Lack of diversity on campus
  • Older facilities
George Washington
Pros
  • Lower Cost of Attendance
  • Loved my interview with the faculty member
  • Has interesting curriculum: emergency med and correctional med offered
  • More focused on Health Policy
Cons
  • Did not get as much interaction with the students, I couldn't tell if the class environment was collaborative.
  • Not as well known

Summary: Both of these schools are very similar, both in DC, both "fit" my mission, both very expensive to live in. I am interested in both health policy and community service, as I am leaning towards community medicine. I personally would do best in a school with less competition and more collaboration.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you reached out to current students? I don’t go there so take this with a grain of salt but I’ve had experiences at GW and the student body did not seem competitive to me.

Have you reached out to current students? I don’t go there so take this with a grain of salt but I’ve had experiences at GW and the student body did not seem competitive to me.
Sorry, I meant that Georgetown had the competative class

This is one of those neck and neck situations where I recommend you talk to specific students from both places about your questions.

If you want to go into policy/law specifically, maybe GTown has a bit more pull but again, ask students about such opportunities.