Georgia Drowning in COVID...elective procedures on chopping block...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
We are screwed with a less than 0.05% fatality rate virus?.....probably less because there’s hundreds of thousands more people who are asymptomatic. Using currently available statistics repeated over and over on your channels, only about 1% of the population has had the virus. Most in urban cities. So no, I don’t agree we are screwed based on politicians or anything else. The models were in your words based on if we did nothing, remember? You can’t have it both ways.
Really a guy with Covid Brain, you know there is more than mortality with this virus?

Members don't see this ad :)
The other guy posts private insults on the “tough guy’s” profile page
The guy who throws Breibart and Facebook memes out there....never responds when we ask for a source....Last BS he posted said Bubba Wallace assaulted a women.

Asked for a source....crickets

The other guy posts private insults on the “tough guy’s” profile page
In all fairness, that meme was meant for both of them but I couldn’t figure out how to quote two people in one reply.

I have been consistent in saying pain management is essential. You've been wishy-washy.
In the big picture we are not essential, maybe 10% of our patients are acute.
We are pretty low down on scale of essential providers

You went far outside the issue in this meandering response. Issue = pain procedures in April 2020 and was it safe. Of course it was then and is now because the environment can be controlled. It was clear through the lens of common sense it was appropriate to treat the patients if precautions were made. Now everyone is in agreement.

What irks me the most was the preaching moralism from the lefties at that time. In April I and others were greedy physicians shamefully placing money over the lives of our patients. It wasn't just someone saying they disagreed. It was instead a certainty that I was actively killing the people coming through my door. Isn't that right? Weren't those the criticisms from the lectern of moral superiority from you guys, who felt some kind of compulsion to preach your erroneous ideas as proven facts? Isn't that kind of what went on? It was.
In April the governor mandated no more elective procedures. Therefore anyone doing those elective procedures In my state were in fact greedy and dangerous. We shut down completely for a couple of weeks. And then shifted to telemedicine. We didn’t do any procedures for six weeks. And my state got a hold of the virus, although there have been some mild increases, it’s nothing like what’s going on in Arizona, Florida, Texas. And unfortunately those states are then going to leak people out into other states and continue this unending petri dish called the United States. We are in this predicament due to poor leadership From the get go. It’s a joke. Europe won’t even let us in. Even Brazil’s numbers are improving as ours gets worse.

Last edited:
In April the governor mandated no more elective procedures. Therefore anyone doing those elective procedures In my state were in fact greedy and dangerous. We shut down completely for a couple of weeks. And then shifted to telemedicine. We didn’t do any procedures for six weeks. And my state got a hold of the virus, although there have been some mild increases, it’s nothing like what’s going on in Arizona, Florida, Texas. And unfortunately those states are then going to leak people out into other states and continue this unending petri dish called the United States. We are in this predicament due to poor leadership From the get go. It’s a joke. Europe won’t even let us in. Even Brazil’s numbers are improving as ours gets worse.
I think it's more an indictment of state than federal leadership. Governors and state DOHs need to get creative by stratifying at-risk populations and giving counties guidance based on their unique situations. I'm really surprised at how impotent my state is. After promising for MONTHS they were completely prepared for a surge with contact tracers, guess what? With just a minor surge of less than 50 cases/day, "We're not ready for this!"

But honestly 90% of the credit for incompetence goes to the individual American PEOPLE who are entitled and undisciplined and not used to making any sacrifices. Trump is a reflection of this, not the cause of it. If Obama were still president, although he would be preaching more in line with the current guidelines, there would be no shortage of covidiots.

I think it's more an indictment of state than federal leadership. Governors and state DOHs need to get creative by stratifying at-risk populations and giving counties guidance based on their unique situations. I'm really surprised at how impotent my state is. After promising for MONTHS they were completely prepared for a surge with contact tracers, guess what? With just a minor surge of less than 50 cases/day, "We're not ready for this!"

But honestly 90% of the credit for incompetence goes to the individual American PEOPLE who are entitled and undisciplined and not used to making any sacrifices. Trump is a reflection of this, not the cause of it. If Obama were still president, although he would be preaching more in line with the current guidelines, there would be no shortage of covidiots.
The American people have also failed us, and are certainly to share the blame for their selfishness, and self-Absorbed nature. But the reality is, if the Cheeto wore a mask, so would the majority of the covidiots. For better or for worse, his cult members listen to him. We have it on this message board with so-called intelligent people. So in an attempt to pander to his base, and to further secure their vote, and further divide the country, he has defied logic, science, and the Christian principles of “love they neighbor” that he allegedly abides by. And because of that, we remain in the this almost open/about to close again state. We will not get a hold of this until January when he is out, hopefully. 140000 dead. More than France, Italy, Spain, and the UK combined. And he are STILL climbing. India is on the rise, and they have 1 BILLION people, and they are well below those numbers (grantees testing has not been good, but guess who runs that country now?). Brazil is on the rise, let’s consider THEIR leader as well...there is a pattern.

Most of Europe shows only a minimal uptick in cases, and not in hospitalizations. Belgium and the Netherlands Have seen a mild surge and they totally mishandled it...

so yes the people take some responsibility, but so much of this could have been avoided. And we see it now worst in the states that wanted to pander to the Orange man. So yes the states did miss handle it Also but because of poor federal leader ship

• Dislike
The American people have also failed us, and are certainly to share the blame for their selfishness, and self-Absorbed nature. But the reality is, if the Cheeto wore a mask, so would the majority of the covidiots. For better or for worse, his cult members listen to him. We have it on this message board with so-called intelligent people. So in an attempt to pander to his base, and to further secure their vote, and further divide the country, he has defied logic, science, and the Christian principles of “love they neighbor” that he allegedly abides by. And because of that, we remain in the this almost open/about to close again state. We will not get a hold of this until January when he is out, hopefully. 140000 dead. More than France, Italy, Spain, and the UK combined. And he are STILL climbing. India is on the rise, and they have 1 BILLION people, and they are well below those numbers (grantees testing has not been good, but guess who runs that country now?). Brazil is on the rise, let’s consider THEIR leader as well...there is a pattern.

Most of Europe shows only a minimal uptick in cases, and not in hospitalizations. Belgium and the Netherlands Have seen a mild surge and they totally mishandled it...

so yes the people take some responsibility, but so much of this could have been avoided. And we see it now worst in the states that wanted to pander to the Orange man. So yes the states did miss handle it Also but because of poor federal leader ship

Your TDS is among the worst I’ve seen. Cuz protesters and looters watch him and follow him? Lol. And using your so called logic you have no covid excuse.

Reactions: 2 users
The guy who throws Breibart and Facebook memes out there....never responds when we ask for a source....Last BS he posted said Bubba Wallace assaulted a women.

Asked for a source....crickets

Not apples to crayons bro. Posting private insults to other people is your legacy....embrace your cowardice.

Reactions: 1 users
Your TDS is among the worst I’ve seen. Cuz protesters and looters watch him and follow him? Lol. And using your so called logic you have no covid excuse.
Typical nonsense response. At least you are consistently wrong and embrace your magamania...

• Dislike
Not apples to crayons bro. Posting private insults to other people is your legacy....embrace your cowardice.
Stupidity is your legacy.....still waiting for your source.
Oh right you have none because you made another thing up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Confusion between mortality and case fatality rate is common.

USA has 3,750,000 cases(that we know of) and 141,000 deaths(debatable) .....0.038%.

Do you know how to do math? Run those numbers again cowboy. Then multiple the number you see on the calculator by 100. It’s 3.8%.

Also, to put it into context, 141,000 deaths would now put COVID as likely the 6th leading cause of death in the US and rapidly approaching 5th place based on the most recent causes of death statistics we have.

1595099874492.jpeg

Dudes. Tone it down a bit or the thread will be closed. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know how to do math? Run those numbers again cowboy. Then multiple the number you see on the calculator by 100. It’s 3.8%.

Also, to put it into context, 141,000 deaths would now put COVID as likely the 6th leading cause of death in the US and rapidly approaching 5th place based on the most recent causes of death statistics we have.

Haha. Oh man. CB strikes again...

Yea I figured it out....if numbers are accurate, which they aren’t. A sample was taken in California awhile back and it was 0.5%. Too many asymptomatic cases.

Last edited:
Yea I figured it out....if numbers are accurate, which they aren’t. Too many asymptomatic cases.
Too comical. Here are the numbers, be damned!!!! Oh wait my math is wrong... well the NUMBERS are probably wrong... Fox News inspired.

Black is White, White is Black

Regardless of one’s political beliefs, I really can’t see how intelligent people (not the MAGA idiots portrayed in the media) can objectively support the president on his handling of this virus. There are plenty of conservatives in hundreds of countries all over the world who all think he has done a horrible job as well, and most of them didn’t go to medical school. I guess I must be missing something.

• Dislike
Regardless of one’s political beliefs, I really can’t see how intelligent people (not the MAGA idiots portrayed in the media) can objectively support the president on his handling of this virus. There are plenty of conservatives in hundreds of countries all over the world who all think he has done a horrible job as well, and most of them didn’t go to medical school. I guess I must be missing something.
You may have heard of a federal project called "Operation Warp Speed". This is basically a funding program where the US Govt awards private companies unbelievable amount of cash (1 bil+) to develop a COVID vaccine by the end of the year. Vaccine candidates that show promise are awarded funding before they are fully tested, with the full knowledge that much of this money will be wasted on ineffective vaccines. The program has Trump's fingerprints all over it, from the cheesy title to the ambitious timeline.

Implementing this project required executive level hands-on management to motivate public agencies and private companies to GO AGAINST the scientific consensus. Dr. Fauci and many others described the timeline as impossible.

To say that Joe Biden could have accomplished this is a leap of faith beyond anything Biden has ever done, or talked about or, participated in, or perhaps even dreamed of. It's a leap of faith that only brainwashed people take.

So, while the media leads its mindless followers on an emotional ride of endless hours of speculation on why Trump didn't wear a mask at a news conference, COVID vaccines are being developed fasted than ever.

Last edited:
You may have heard of a federal project called "Operation Warp Speed". This is basically a funding program where the US Govt awards private companies unbelievable amount of cash (1 bil+) to develop a COVID vaccine by the end of the year. Vaccine candidates that show promise are awarded funding before they are fully tested, with the full knowledge that much of this money will be wasted on ineffective vaccines. The program has Trump's fingerprints all over it, from the cheesy title to the ambitious timeline.

Implementing this project required executive level hands-on management to motivate public agencies and private companies to GO AGAINST the scientific consensus. Dr. Fauci and many others described the timeline as impossible.

To say that Joe Biden could have accomplished this is a leap of faith beyond anything Biden has ever done, or talked about or, participated in, or perhaps even dreamed of. It's a leap of faith that only brainwashed people take.

So, while the media leads its mindless followers on an emotional ride of endless hours of speculation on why Trump didn't wear a mask at a news conference, COVID vaccines are being developed fasted than ever.
Warp Speed sounds promising and I really hope this project will result in an effective vaccine soon. However, you cannot simply assume that Biden or any other Democrat wouldn’t have done the same thing or better as they were never given the opportunity to do so. How do you know Biden or candidate X wouldn’t have instituted better preventative measures and testing protocols to contain the initial viral spread while also pumping money into vaccine development? This all could’ve resulted in fewer deaths. Your argument is purely speculative and blindly partisan.

Warp Speed sounds promising and I really hope this project will result in an effective vaccine soon. However, you cannot simply assume that Biden or any other Democrat wouldn’t have done the same thing or better as they were never given the opportunity to do so. How do you know Biden or candidate X wouldn’t have instituted better preventative measures and testing protocols to contain the initial viral spread while also pumping money into vaccine development? This all could’ve resulted in fewer deaths. Your argument is purely speculative and blindly partisan.
By the tone of your comment you are presuming Biden would have done better which is purely speculative and is not supported by his record. We do know that Biden was against any kind of travel ban early on as he felt it was xenophobic. If he had the constraints of political correctness around his initial virus-fighting efforts, we would have been in worse shape early on. Early testing was hampered by federal bureaucracy and a CDC that was responsible for testing. Do you think Biden would have bypassed the feds and used WHO testing? No way. POTUS cannot lockdown states, so the individual state efforts wouldn't be any different.

We know. You hate Trump and therefore everything he does is bad and could have been done better by Biden. As a physician you are used to being a reasonable and rational investigator and any evaluation of Biden shows him to be unprepared and ill-equipped for the job.

By the tone of your comment you are presuming Biden would have done better which is purely speculative and is not supported by his record. We do know that Biden was against any kind of travel ban early on as he felt it was xenophobic. If he had the constraints of political correctness around his initial virus-fighting efforts, we would have been in worse shape early on. Early testing was hampered by federal bureaucracy and a CDC that was responsible for testing. Do you think Biden would have bypassed the feds and used WHO testing? No way. POTUS cannot lockdown states, so the individual state efforts wouldn't be any different.

We know. You hate Trump and therefore everything he does is bad and could have been done better by Biden. As a physician you are used to being a reasonable and rational investigator and any evaluation of Biden shows him to be unprepared and ill-equipped for the job.
It’s true I don’t like Trump the human. I’m not against all his policies as he has come up with some reasonable ones. I don’t think his handling of the COVID situation was effective, but if we have a vaccine in the next 3-4 mo, then I could be eating my words. I also didn’t say Biden is the savior of America. He has his faults like all politicians do. However, neither you nor I can predict what he would’ve done in the same scenario. Maybe he surrounds himself with people who take on a more effective approach to this, maybe he doesn’t. I don’t think he could’ve done any worse. It’s hard for the federal government to enforce a mandate like lockdowns, etc due to our government structure. I’m not blaming Trump for that nor do I care if he wears a mask or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How do you know Biden or candidate X wouldn’t have instituted better preventative measures and testing protocols to contain the initial viral spread while also pumping money into vaccine development? This all could’ve resulted in fewer deaths. Your argument is purely speculative and blindly partisan.
What specific federal measures and testing protocols do you think Biden would have enacted to contain the initial virus spread?

We had a massive testing shortage early on and testing was limited to those with symptoms. These protocols were developed by the CDC, if you recall. Local labs regularly turned people away who were mildly symptomatic and told to isolate.

It's on the record that Biden indirectly called Trump's China travel ban "xenophobic" and many in the Democratic party followed suit with encouraging people to mingle in the street in Chinatown without masks (see Nancy Pelosi). You say Biden "couldn't have done worse" but if we did not do the initial travel ban from China, would that have been worse?

What specific federal measures and testing protocols do you think Biden would have enacted to contain the initial virus spread?

We had a massive testing shortage early on and testing was limited to those with symptoms. These protocols were developed by the CDC, if you recall. Local labs regularly turned people away who were mildly symptomatic and told to isolate.

It's on the record that Biden indirectly called Trump's China travel ban "xenophobic" and many in the Democratic party followed suit with encouraging people to mingle in the street in Chinatown without masks (see Nancy Pelosi). You say Biden "couldn't have done worse" but if we did not do the initial travel ban from China, would that have been worse?
1. I don’t think Biden would’ve cut funding to the early pandemic warning program. Trump did, which was not the right the move.

2. This is speculative, but I do think Biden would have been better prepared to have testing readily available either by using the WHO test or an alternative method. For all the talk about Trump cutting through government red tape, he didn’t do anything to prevent the CDC from taking their sweet time to come up with their test and prohibit the use of other tests that were already in use in other countries. He had plenty of time to prepare after watching what happened in Italy and Korea.

3. While I did support the China travel ban, it didn’t turn out to be very effective in preventing the spread of the disease as we already had 40,000 people entering the U.S. from China after the ban was instituted. These 40,000 people weren’t effectively quarantined. Furthermore, in retrospect, it appears the ban might have been useless in the first place.

Now I’ll ask you, besides the ban, what do you think Trump has done to effectively manage this pandemic?

This is idiotic.

The CDC is the problem now? Jesus, grow a pair of balls, you two. Eyeballs, that is.....

1. I don’t think Biden would’ve cut funding to the early pandemic warning program. Trump did, which was not the right the move.

2. This is speculative, but I do think Biden would have been better prepared to have testing readily available either by using the WHO test or an alternative method. For all the talk about Trump cutting through government red tape, he didn’t do anything to prevent the CDC from taking their sweet time to come up with their test and prohibit the use of other tests that were already in use in other countries. He had plenty of time to prepare after watching what happened in Italy and Korea.

3. While I did support the China travel ban, it didn’t turn out to be very effective in preventing the spread of the disease as we already had 40,000 people entering the U.S. from China after the ban was instituted. These 40,000 people weren’t effectively quarantined. Furthermore, in retrospect, it appears the ban might have been useless in the first place.

Now I’ll ask you, besides the ban, what do you think Trump has done to effectively manage this pandemic?
1. Maybe that's true.
2. This was at the behest of the CDC. You are suggesting Biden would have known better than the CDC and demanded the US use non-FDA approved testing? That is the most far fetched speculation I've heard in a while.
3. Maybe, but it was still a bold move and the correct move at the time.

What has Trump done:
Implemented China "xenophobic" travel ban against China, despite opposition from WHO, Biden and other Democrats
Implemented European travel ban
Created coronavirus task force with experts in several disciplines to identify shortages, needs, and areas of improvement. All members of the team have stated their recommendations were followed.
All the other accomplishments of the task force including "14 days to flatten the curve" and the reopening guidelines, etc are partly creditable to Trump as he endorsed the plan. This plan has NOT been followed by state leaders - THAT is a problem.
Mobilized Army Corps of Engineers to build emergency hospitals to aid New York during their crisis
Mobilized Naval Ship Comfort and Mercy to quickly aid New York and California despite withering criticism from the media that it couldn't be done (see Rachel Maddow).
Enacted Defense Production Act to require companies to produce ventilators when it appeared these were a bottleneck.
Created Operation Warp Speed to have available vaccine by end of year (unprecedented accomplishment if achieved). Even if not achieved by years end, many experts have commented on the incredible early signs of success in vaccine development.
He has bullied his way to ensure Americans get access to promising treatments, including hydrochloroquine (controversial), Remdesivir, and dexamethasone.

These are just off the top of my head.

I don't even want to imagine Biden's level of competence as an executive in a crisis because he can barely complete a sentence without assistance.

The CDC is the problem now? Jesus, grow a pair of balls, you two. Eyeballs, that is.....

Dude, were you not paying attention at all? The CDC bungled this thing from the beginning.

My responses are in caps (not shouting):

What has Trump done:
Implemented China "xenophobic" travel ban against China, despite opposition from WHO, Biden and other Democrats
I SPECIFICALLY ASKED ABOUT STUFF HE HAS DONE OUTSIDE OF THE BAN.
Created coronavirus task force with experts in several disciplines to identify shortages, needs, and areas of improvement. All members of the team have stated their recommendations were followed.
FAUCI IS PART OF THIS TEAM AND TRUMP UNDERMINES HIS RECOMMENDATIONS ALL THE TIME INCLUDING THE ISSUE OF REOPENING SCHOOLS
All the other accomplishments of the task force including "14 days to flatten the curve" and the reopening guidelines, etc are partly creditable to Trump as he endorsed the plan. This plan has NOT been followed by state leaders - THAT is a problem.
WHILE IS IS TRUE, IT WASN’T VERY EFFECTIVE BECAUSE EACH STATE DID ITS OWN THING AS YOU STATED.
Mobilized Army Corps of Engineers to build emergency hospitals to aid New York during their crisis
Mobilized Naval Ship Comfort and Mercy to quickly aid New York and California despite withering criticism from the media that it couldn't be done (see Rachel Maddow).
NONE OF THESE FACILITIES WERE USED DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE PANDEMIC. LET’S SEE IF THESE STATES USE THEM NOW AS THEIR NUMBERS START TO RISE AGAIN.
Enacted Defense Production Act to require companies to produce ventilators when it appeared these were a bottleneck.
HE TOOK HIS SWEET TIME TO DO THIS BUT NOT BEFORE EXERCISING HIS POWER UNDER THE SAME ACT TO FORCE MEAT PROCESSORS BACK TO WORK LOL.
Created Operation Warp Speed to have available vaccine by end of year (unprecedented accomplishment if achieved). Even if not achieved by years end, many experts have commented on the incredible early signs of success in vaccine development.
I’LL BE TRULY GRATEFUL TO
HIM IF HE GETS A VIABLE VACCINE OUT SOON.
He has bullied his way to ensure Americans get access to promising treatments, including hydrochloroquine (controversial), Remdesivir, and dexamethasone.
NONE OF THESE TREATMENTS HAVE BEEN CONSISTENTLY PROVEN TO BE EFFECTIVE, AND IT’S NOT LIKE HE USED HIS POWERS TO ALLOCATE SUPPLIES OF THESE MEDICATIONS FOR EVERY INFECTED PATIENT.

Let me also conclude by stating if he is able to come out with an effective vaccine soon, then I will forget all of the other mismanagement and be the first one to sing his praises.

Last edited:
Dude, were you not paying attention at all? The CDC bungled this thing from the beginning.

When i said "you two", i meant hyleralgesia and pmrmd.

Last time a checked, the orangle clown is where the buck stops. The man has never taken responsibility for anything in his life, but rather places blame erroneously. It honestly reminds me of my 9 year old. Iys never his fault. Nobody has ever taken away his dessert for misbehaving.

1. Maybe that's true.
2. This was at the behest of the CDC. You are suggesting Biden would have known better than the CDC and demanded the US use non-FDA approved testing? That is the most far fetched speculation I've heard in a while.
3. Maybe, but it was still a bold move and the correct move at the time.

What has Trump done:

These are just off the top of my head.

I don't even want to imagine Biden's level of competence as an executive in a crisis because he can barely complete a sentence without assistance.
Simple response is are you f'cking kidding?.....no one believes this guy has handled this well including most non cultists Republicans....
It comes down to a human being that can't admit he was wrong, which is basically his life story.

History will prove this is probably the most disastrous presidency in the last 100 yrs

When i said "you two", i meant hyleralgesia and pmrmd.

Last time a checked, the orangle clown is where the buck stops. The man has never taken responsibility for anything in his life, but rather places blame erroneously. It honestly reminds me of my 9 year old. Iys never his fault. Nobody has ever taken away his dessert for misbehaving.
He still has a good point. The CDC has had some serious missteps here.

This is idiotic.
"US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) launched Operation Warp Speed—a partnership between government and industry—with the goal of delivering 300 million doses of a safe and effective vaccine by January 2021."

Yeah, it was. Where have you been?

The buck stops with Trump as the chief executive for you, but who did you blame for executive failures during the previous administration? DOJ people, FBI people, Treasury people. They were all within the executive branch. I don't presume to know how the Cabinet meetings go down but I would think there are expectations of competence in career agency officials by every POTUS. Hopefully someone got rolled for their shoddy work in the CDC.

You went far outside the issue in this meandering response. Issue = pain procedures in April 2020 and was it safe. Of course it was then and is now because the environment can be controlled. It was clear through the lens of common sense it was appropriate to treat the patients if precautions were made. Now everyone is in agreement.

What irks me the most was the preaching moralism from the lefties at that time. In April I and others were greedy physicians shamefully placing money over the lives of our patients. It wasn't just someone saying they disagreed. It was instead a certainty that I was actively killing the people coming through my door. Isn't that right? Weren't those the criticisms from the lectern of moral superiority from you guys, who felt some kind of compulsion to preach your erroneous ideas as proven facts? Isn't that kind of what went on? It was.

your first paragraph was neutral and seemed less biased.

as soon as you add "moralism", "lefties", you are presenting your argument as a moral argument and pure opinion and you neuter your argument, because now it is political...

you are the one concerned with moral superiority. I am more concerned about public health and providing

no one prevented you or any one of us from still seeing these patients, prescribing non-opioid based (and, for a limited few, opioid) medications, giving exercise, working on improving cognitive skills and self-help skills for pain patients.

you probably reduced your exposure and those of your staff to COVID by not performing procedures because testing was not available, and more significantly reduced the use of PPE that were needed by essential workers.

your first paragraph was neutral and seemed less biased.

as soon as you add "moralism", "lefties", you are presenting your argument as a moral argument and pure opinion and you neuter your argument, because now it is political...

you are the one concerned with moral superiority. I am more concerned about public health and providing

no one prevented you or any one of us from still seeing these patients, prescribing non-opioid based (and, for a limited few, opioid) medications, giving exercise, working on improving cognitive skills and self-help skills for pain patients.

you probably reduced your exposure and those of your staff to COVID by not performing procedures because testing was not available, and more significantly reduced the use of PPE that were needed by essential workers.
You gotta be the most presumptuous person this side of the earth. You have no idea what I probably did. You should ask first. I had my own supply of items that no one asked for and at the time Arizona was not a hotspot. I did see patients and did all the usual procedures because it was the right thing to do in contradiction to the moralizing by people like you, who were flatly wrong. Of course it was political. Do you understand you guys were the only ones acting that way? The disagreements could have been neutral but they had that condescending yet hypocritical moralist tone that liberals use.

Try this for once: admit you’re wrong.

Hindsight is 20/20....and no, Trump
himself did not cut funding to anybody. I know what the Democrats were doing in January and February.

again, the addition of the political aspects of your post neutralizes your post to that of an opinion piece. if you want my opinion.... never mind, that was never the point.

you are injecting moralization in to the argument because I am doing my best to just state the facts, and you do not want to hear them because they do not fit with your beliefs.

the point of not doing procedures was primarily about saving resources such as medical equipment and PPE.

I reused, like pretty much everyone else in the NE and NW US, our PPE for a full week as required by hospital, county and state authorities, to save a supply for those who were directly caring for those infected with COVID. a mask a week was what we were allowed, unless we showed the mask person that the mask I had was visibly soiled. the masks I used to see inpatient COVID patients were "recycled" masks. felt completely unsanitary putting on a mask that I knew at least 1 person had worn before. at least the penetration barrier gowns were sterilized, and I didn't have to wear reused booties or head covering... (I have my own face shields).

fwiw, currently:

all stories here are from conservative Fox News, just so you cant blame it on liberal talk.

lets recap, just so we are clear, as this is what I am hearing:

-the coronavirus response was so poor because of the CDC and obama.
-trump should be credited for a vaccine we don't yet have and biden should be castigated because he wouldn't have incentivized a vaccine had he been in charge

weak, weak sauce

november can't come soon enough

-trump should be credited for a vaccine we don't yet have and biden should be castigated because he wouldn't have incentivized a vaccine had he been in charge

weak, weak sauce

You left off the China Ban(even though origin of most East coast cases was Europe)

"I'll be right eventually. I will be right eventually. You know I said, 'It's going to disappear.' I'll say it again," Trump said in an interview on "Fox News Sunday."

Winnnnnnnnnning!

weak, weak sauce

CDC’s poor preparation is partially to blame here. Not sure how Obama is at fault here. He specifically had a pandemic plan in place that he handed to the Trump administration during the transition. Who knows what they did with it but they apparently didn’t read it.

CDC’s poor preparation is partially to blame here. Not sure how Obama is at fault here. He specifically had a pandemic plan in place that he handed to the Trump administration during the transition. Who knows what they did with it but they apparently didn’t read it.
Did you read it? What was the testing plan?

Did you read it? What was the testing plan?

testing plan for a disease that didn't exist? obama was good, but not THAT good.

also, firing the china pandemic guy 3 months before the pandemic was a particularly big episode of stupid

"Adopt a common plan, identify weaknesses, develop a national strategy" are some of the "specific" recommendations in these 28 pages of wasted paper.

What a typical bureaucratic document.

I just read through the page for “recommendations”. There are plenty of things that this administration did not do nor attempt to do.

The last time I checked, the US federal government IS the largest bureaucracy in the world.