Georgia Drowning in COVID...elective procedures on chopping block...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just read through the page for “recommendations”. There are plenty of things that this administration did not do nor attempt to do.

The last time I checked, the US federal government IS the largest bureaucracy in the world.
Just so I understand, this piece of work was dumped on Trump's desk on December, 2016, after 8 YEARS of Obama Admin in the White House.

Is that correct?

Members don't see this ad.

My fault.

My understanding of any governmental reports is like “anything in big Miller (or whatever textbook you used) is fair game on the exam....”

Just because you didn’t read it or thought it wasn’t important, does not absolves you from not knowing the information.

"Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents"

69 pages

This is the actual playbook that was left. Color coded charts included, but short on pictures so no wonder someone didn't bother looking at it.

Not letting me download actual file

Members don't see this ad :)
so now it's Trump's fault COVID became so widespread from the people who support China more than their own country. Woke. Not sure anything in those 24 pages would have changed anything. He'd probably be called racist for following some of them.

And your point is...?
His point is to Deflect and avoid.

While it is conjecture as to whether Biden would’ve done a better job, it is inconceivable that he could’ve done a worse job than this. There’s only three people who have done possibly an equally bad job, those are Boris, Modi, Bolsonaro... I can’t put my finger on it, but there have to be some similarity or connection... It took one of them getting it for their country to arguably take it seriously

Reactions: 1 user
so now it's Trump's fault COVID became so widespread from the people who support China more than their own country. Woke. Not sure anything in those 24 pages would have changed anything. He'd probably be called racist for following some of them.

The virus likely would’ve done the same thing regardless of which president was In office. Many view it as Trump’s fault because instead following/agreeing with scientists and acting like a leader he just continues to divide the country and fan the political flames. All he had to so was act presidential during this thing and his approval rating would have been much higher. Instead we get what appear to be his last 2 functioning brain cells in a time of crisis.

Reactions: 1 users
My point is the Pyramids of Giza took 30 years to build but it only took the Obama Admin 8 years to write this.

i have an idea: if you dont have anything constructive to say, just to us all a favor and shut up. if it isn't helpful or true then seriously don't post.

nobody knows how long the pyramids took to build, but the conventional wisdom is that it took between 20 and > 100 years.

obama's team put this out after accumulating expertise over the course of 8 years -- didnt take 8 years to write.

maybe i need to start adding pinocchio's to your and doctodd's posts a' la the WAPO

Just so I understand, this piece of work was dumped on Trump's desk on December, 2016, after 8 YEARS of Obama Admin in the White House.

Is that correct?

My point is the Pyramids of Giza took 30 years to build but it only took the Obama Admin 8 years to write this.

it apparently took the Trump administration less than 1 day to ignore it.

there were briefings set up to discuss not only the playbook but appropriate actions to take with a potential pandemic.

this was lack of attention was confounded by other "issues" (ie firing and replacement with unknowledge staff, etc.) with the trump admin.

Actual document was 69 pages,

Maybe doing something besides calling it a Hoax and have his only concerns be the economy and Reelection, would have been a good start

The virus likely would’ve done the same thing regardless of which president was In office. Many view it as Trump’s fault because instead following/agreeing with scientists and acting like a leader he just continues to divide the country and fan the political flames. All he had to so was act presidential during this thing and his approval rating would have been much higher. Instead we get what appear to be his last 2 functioning brain cells in a time of crisis.
The virus may have done the same thing, But our reaction could have been much different.
A strong unified plan from the administration would have been a good starting pointing.
Kicking it down to governors and saying it is up to local government to decide and the next day undermining them was not a good strategy.

We are a mobile society and having a piecemeal plan differing from county to county or city to city is a recipe for disaster.

This problem is too far along for Trump to admit he made any mistakes as witnessed in his dumpster fire of a Fox interview.

Our response has made us a laughing stock around the world

Members don't see this ad :)
Actual document was 69 pages,

Maybe doing something besides calling it a Hoax and have his only concerns be the economy and Reelection, would have been a good start

again, taking things out of context, nobody including Trump said the virus was a hoax....the Democrats handling of the narrative was a political hoax.

correct, he did call the democrat response "a hoax".

however, he did retweet Chuck Woolery's tweet:
The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most ,that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it.
— Chuck Woolery (@chuckwoolery) July 13, 2020

he did say multiple times "it will go away".

and the full playbook is here:

correct, he did call the democrat response "a hoax".

however, he did retweet Chuck Woolery's tweet:

he did say multiple times "it will go away".

and the full playbook is here:

Bro, get outta here with your FACTS!!! Aint nobody on the right wanna hear that...
facts, science... come on man, that’s so 2015...

Bro, get outta here with your FACTS!!! Aint nobody on the right wanna hear that...
facts, science... come on man, that’s so 2015...

Keep falling over every word out of context he says at a campaign rally. At least he gives you something to do. And snopes is hardly neutral. I heard what he said and it was clear.

Actually snopes is right on this one....

“Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." “

Last edited:
  • Haha
Keep falling over every word out of context he says at a campaign rally. At least he gives you something to do. And snopes is hardly neutral. I heard what he said and it was clear.
You’ve got the Andy Kaufman thing down!!!

1595546585173.png

Reactions: 1 users