Georgia/North Carolina Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanttobefootdoc2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear or have any information good or bad about residencies in Southeast mainly North Carolina/Georgia. I saw the previous thread on residencies but seems that some of them are outdated by quite a few years. I am looking into externship stuff for next year and trying to get an idea of where I should rotate.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear or have any information good or bad about residencies in Southeast mainly North Carolina/Georgia. I saw the previous thread on residencies but seems that some of them are outdated by quite a few years. I am looking into externship stuff for next year and trying to get an idea of where I should rotate.

Bueller...........................Bueller.............................Bueller............................

DeKalb, Carilion, Wake Forest, Womack, VA-ATL

any experiences at any of these places / things to look out for positives and negatives?

Dekalb (soon to be Emory Decatur) is the best in the area by a long shot. You're not going to get better training anywhere and having the Podiatry Institute and their wet lab as a constant resource is unmatched across the entire country, if you're willing to work for the privilege.