General Admissions & OTCAS Georgia OT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reems112

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
Hope everyone is doing well during these tough times. Has anyone applied to any OT programs in Georgia and if so have you heard back yet? Or still waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Georgia State and Brenau. I got into GSU and haven’t heard anything from Brenau despite interviewing in October.

I applied to Georgia State and Brenau. I got into GSU and haven’t heard anything from Brenau despite interviewing in October.
When did you hear back from GSU? And when did you send in your application? I submitted mine literally like the week of the deadline and had my interview a week ago. So I'm assuming that's why its taking long. As far as brenau goes my interview was in October with them too and they told me they will let all of their applicants know in February. So I guess we will all find out at the same time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you hear back from GSU? And when did you send in your application? I submitted mine literally like the week of the deadline and had my interview a week ago. So I'm assuming that's why its taking long. As far as brenau goes my interview was in October with them too and they told me they will let all of their applicants know in February. So I guess we will all find out at the same time.
I submitted my app early August, interviewed on 11/16, and heard back on 12/16. I wouldn’t be too worried about GSU yet, some people heard back before me which was a little discouraging but it all worked out. I thought that they were done interviewing back in December so the fact that you got one likely means there’s still space in the program.

I submitted my app early August, interviewed on 11/16, and heard back on 12/16. I wouldn’t be too worried about GSU yet, some people heard back before me which was a little discouraging but it all worked out. I thought that they were done interviewing back in December so the fact that you got one likely means there’s still space in the program.
Yea for sure! Thanks for the encouragement I appreciate it! During my interview there were like 7-8 other students after me. So like I'm assuming it's the last round of interviews but I could totally be wrong. Because I don't know if you remember but like we get to have a chat with the OT students afterwards and that's when you like can see everyone. So yea. I guess in a way it was reassuring to know that they were still taking students for interviews when i received the invite back in December. So I was very happy about that.

I applied to augusta and brenau! Interviewed with both and haven’t heard back from either!

I applied to augusta and brenau! Interviewed with both and haven’t heard back from either!
Me too! When did you get the interview video invite for augusta? if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Everyone!
Hope everyone is doing well during these tough times. Has anyone applied to any OT programs in Georgia and if so have you heard back yet? Or still waiting?
I applied to Brenau and GA State. I had my interview with Brenau about a month after I applied and still nothing from GSU :(

Hi!! I’m a Brenau student! Don’t worry yet about not hearing back from them. They usually dont start sending out acceptances until late Feb/early March :) goodluck yall!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got into GSU about a month ago! I submitted the interview video for Augusta at the beginning of November but I have not head anything since! Fingers crossed we hear soon.

it was november! i actually just got a letter from Augusta saying i’m on the waitlist...
Hey! Same here I got a letter saying I got waitlisted as well. This is so crazy to me. Like gosh.

i think everyone thought this year would be less competitive so WAY more people applied this year and it’s making it harder to get in... just my theory! good luck to you on your other schools! did you accept your position on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
i think everyone thought this year would be less competitive so WAY more people applied this year and it’s making it harder to get in... just my theory! good luck to you on your other schools! did you accept your position on the waitlist?
Yes I did! But at least we know earlier than later you know. And not just for this school but I'm sure it will happen with other schools as well. But people will still be getting acceptances and may even turn those down for other programs so until now and even April for that matter there will probably be a lot of shifting of the waitlist. At least I'm hoping so.

Hey everyone! did anyone start hearing back from Brenau? It's already mid-febuary and I just wanted to get some updates if anybody knows whats happening! Additionally, anybody hear back about their status of waitlists with Augusta or GSU?

Hey everyone! did anyone start hearing back from Brenau? It's already mid-febuary and I just wanted to get some updates if anybody knows whats happening! Additionally, anybody hear back about their status of waitlists with Augusta or GSU?
I haven't heard anything from Brenau. I emailed a while ago asking about it and they said early March.. fingers crossed!

Hi! I was accepted into Brenau’s OTD program. I was wondering how you like Brenau and if you would recommend it? If you’re not in the OTD program, if you know anyone who is have you heard anything? I’m not from the Georgia so I’m not familiar with the area, is it nice? Thanks so much in advance :) *sorry for all the questions, I have no one to ask!
Hi!! I’m a Brenau student! Don’t worry yet about not hearing back from them. They usually dont start sending out acceptances until late Feb/early March :) goodluck yall!!

Hi! I was accepted into Brenau’s OTD program. I was wondering how you like Brenau and if you would recommend it? If you’re not in the OTD program, if you know anyone who is have you heard anything? I’m not from the Georgia so I’m not familiar with the area, is it nice? Thanks so much in advance :) *sorry for all the questions, I have no one to ask!
Hey I also just was accepted and drove down to look at the area/school building. The campus is small in a research park area but super close to downtown Norcross which was super cute and quaint! It’s like a suburb of atlanta very close to other suburbs- I looked at some apartments in Duluth about 13 mins away which is also a nice area and really no traffic back and forth.

Hi! I’m in the MSOT program, however with that being said, it’s a good program! I felt well prepared for my fieldwork. I think they do a really good job of teaching you what you need to know to be comfortable in any setting, then your fieldwork helps further that! They have a lot of connections for fieldwork sites as well which was very important for me. However the cost of the program i think is too high, and while there are a lot of really great professors, a couple are not the best (they know their stuff but are unorganized). Just trying to be candid :) i know many Brenau graduates who have had no problems passing their boards, and feel that they were competant enough as a new grad to tackle the OT world - that is truly what matters!

Reactions: 2 users
I don't go to Brenau but I applied to their Master's program and am from Georgia! I love Norcross because you're right next to the city and you feel safe there. It feels like a fun suburb there's a bunch of places to eat and chill. My sister-in-law works in Norcross and loves it!

I haven't heard anything from Brenau. I emailed a while ago asking about it and they said early March.. fingers crossed!
H
I don't go to Brenau but I applied to their Master's program and am from Georgia! I love Norcross because you're right next to the city and you feel safe there. It feels like a fun suburb there's a bunch of places to eat and chill. My sister-in-law works in Norcross and loves it!
Have you heard back yet from them???

Hi! I’m in the MSOT program, however with that being said, it’s a good program! I felt well prepared for my fieldwork. I think they do a really good job of teaching you what you need to know to be comfortable in any setting, then your fieldwork helps further that! They have a lot of connections for fieldwork sites as well which was very important for me. However the cost of the program i think is too high, and while there are a lot of really great professors, a couple are not the best (they know their stuff but are unorganized). Just trying to be candid :) i know many Brenau graduates who have had no problems passing their boards, and feel that they were competant enough as a new grad to tackle the OT world - that is truly what matters!
Hi! Okay thank you so much! These are all good things to know! I appreciate all your help!

Oh that sounds nice! I’m trying to plan a road trip to Georgia to visit the area! Thanks so much! Good luck, I hope you get in! :)

got rejected but I applied to a few other schools too so it's all good
Well hopefully Brenau gets back to us soon! So we know what's happening there! And I'm sorry to hear about your GSU decision.

Well hopefully Brenau gets back to us soon! So we know what's happening there! And I'm sorry to hear about your GSU decision.
I think they should get back to us this week! :) I'm crossing fingers for today lol

I heard back from Brenau just now and it looks like I got waitlisted? They use different words like 'tiers' but that's what it seems like

I heard back from Brenau just now and it looks like I got waitlisted? They use different words like 'tiers' but that's what it seems like
I got the same thing. I had to read it a couple times and decided to respond saying that I’m still interested in the program and hope to hear if spots open up.

I got the same thing. I had to read it a couple times and decided to respond saying that I’m still interested in the program and hope to hear if spots open up.
I asked how many people were in the second tier cuz I was just curious but apparently they can't say

I got the same thing too. That's so crazy to me like wow

so just to clarify did you guys get something saying you didn't make it the first cut and are like in the second tier or something of that sort?

so just to clarify did you guys get something saying you didn't make it the first cut and are like in the second tier or something of that sort?
This is what it said "The decisions for the first cut have been made and unfortunately, you did not make that first cut. By the end of March, we will know which of the first cut accepted our offer and then we will begin making offers to the 2nd tier group"

Reactions: 1 users
This is what it said "The decisions for the first cut have been made and unfortunately, you did not make that first cut. By the end of March, we will know which of the first cut accepted our offer and then we will begin making offers to the 2nd tier group"
okay that's what I thought. Thank you!

They accepted a round of students a few weeks ago and gave us until March 8 to decide on our intent to enroll. So after people accept or decline, you guys should know where you’re at! I would stay hopeful though, people decline all the time and it’s not a definitive no! And even after people accept, they can still give up their spot. :)

They accepted a round of students a few weeks ago and gave us until March 8 to decide on our intent to enroll. So after people accept or decline, you guys should know where you’re at! I would stay hopeful though, people decline all the time and it’s not a definitive no! And even after people accept, they can still give up their spot. :)
Ooo ok thanks for letting us know! Are you talking about the OTD program accepting a round of students a few weeks ago? I only applied to the Gainesville MSOT program.

I hope that is the case. I have been waitlisted at Augusta and Georgia State and I'm still not sure where our position stands on that.

Ooo ok thanks for letting us know! Are you talking about the OTD program accepting a round of students a few weeks ago? I only applied to the Gainesville MSOT program.
Yes. I’m talking about the OTD program! I’m not sure about the MSOT, sorry! Best of luck!

Hey! I got accepted into Breanus OTD program for the fall, I was wondering if you felt like the program prepares you well enough as far as being a practitioner? I have heard some people say it’s more research based and theory based and then other people say it prepares you well, do you have any advice?

Hey! I got accepted into Breanus OTD program for the fall, I was wondering if you felt like the program prepares you well enough as far as being a practitioner? I have heard some people say it’s more research based and theory based and then other people say it prepares you well, do you have any advice?
Hey! I’m currently in my first level 2 FW and honestly, i thought originally that I wasnt really prepared for fieldwork. However when i actually got to fieldwork i reaized how much i really knew and have been way ahead of the curve the entire time! (Ive had a full caseload since week 6). It also really depends on the placement - Brenau does a good job of preparing you to be a general OT practitioner, not a specialized one so if you have a specialized placement in a niche OT field, obviously you wont be as well prepared as you would be in acute care, peds, inpatient/outpatient, mental health, etc. I do agree that it is very theory/research based but they also do a good job of getting those hands on skills (obviously covid has been different). To give you an idea, covid started my second semester of OT school, and they were still very good about getting us as much hands on as possible, and still giving us level 1 fieldwork placements. They were even mailing packages of OT tools for us to use at home and practice on zoom to ensure that we were getting as much as we could out of the online experience! Normally they have ample opportunity for hands on practice during labs and you’re able to access the labs outside of class time to continue your education. If you have anymore questions let me know :)

Has anyone on the waitlist for Brenau MSOT program heard anything?