Georgia school of Orthodontics loans options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeoSMART88

Reaction score
Hello,

GSO does not accept or certify any loans under the Federal Direct Student Loan Program (Student or Parent Programs).
GSO does not have lending relationships set up with private student lenders at this time. Securing loans from any source is the student’s responsibility.

Would anyone help with suggestions to pay the high tuition fees? The tuition fee for the 36-month program is $146,127- $173,244 per year.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Tuition is 150k a year?! What determines whether it is 146 or 173k?

Hello,

GSO does not accept or certify any loans under the Federal Direct Student Loan Program (Student or Parent Programs).
GSO does not have lending relationships set up with private student lenders at this time. Securing loans from any source is the student’s responsibility.

Would anyone help with suggestions to pay the high tuition fees? The tuition fee for the 36-month program is $146,127- $173,244 per year.

Thank you!

Good luck getting a private loan for that. Not worth the tuition in my opinion. I’d call the program and ask how most people pay for it if you can’t get student loans. If you can’t get student loans or loans from a private lender, I’m not sure how else you would get funding. Contact current residents as well and ask them.

But seriously rethink attending this program. How much student debt do you have already?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have to get a loan to attend this program, then you are already making a mistake.
The only people who should be doing this program are those who come from families with the means to pay for it upfront.
Otherwise it's just a bad financial decision

Reactions: 3 users
GSO is a blatant scam that exists solely for the profit of the founders. You don't even have to take my word for it, your own findings in the OP lead to this conclusion.

I think we need @bigtimehoosier to weigh in on this for old times sake

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Wait.. A YEAR!? That’s unreal.

Eh, they’ll pay it back.
That's not really the question to ask. Yes they will be able to pay it back. The more important question is "are you better off financially being a GP than going to this program", the answer is a resounding yes

What will your existing student loan balance be when you start the program?

If a program is so astronomically expensive that one might consider becoming a drug mule to help offset costs, it’s not a good sign…

Big Hoss

That's not really the question to ask. Yes they will be able to pay it back. The more important question is "are you better off financially being a GP than going to this program", the answer is a resounding yes
What will your existing student loan balance be when you start the program?

If a program is so astronomically expensive that one might consider becoming a drug mule to help offset costs, it’s not a good sign…

Big Hoss
I'm going to prove you guys wrong by applying as a 52 y/o and liquidate all my retirement accts, investments, and sell my unicorn (once in a lifetime find) home. As a side gig, I'm going to take Big Time Hoosier up on that. I hear that gig has great travel "perks." No tuition loans is too much to be known and worshipped as "Orthodontist" by my dental peers.

I'm going to take Big Time Hoosier up on that. I hear that gig has great travel "perks."
Just pray none of the balloons full of cocaine rupture in your stomach. That’s a quick way to cardiac arrest. Unfortunately, for far too many becoming an orthodontist is apparently worth the risk.

Big Hoss

Last edited:
Just pray none of the balloons full of cocaine rupture in your stomach. That’s a quick way to cardiac arrest.

Big Hoss
Good to know. I guess it is not a good idea to transport the stash near Pablo EskoBear country.

PS: Sorry for the lame posts...all of my pts are showing up late. I'm having a hard time keeping myself entertained.

Last edited:
  • Haha
No tuition loans is too much to be known and worshipped as "Orthodontist" by my dental peers.
In a school setting, maybe….. but in the real world, it’s the other way around. We, orthodontists, have to worship general dentists and pedodontists because we need their referrals. The only benefit of being an ortho is you don’t have to do general dentistry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
In a school setting, maybe….. but in the real world, it’s the other way around. We, orthodontists, have to worship general dentists and pedodontists because we need their referrals. The only benefit of being an ortho is you don’t have to do general dentistry.

Gosh, it must be nice not having to do fillings and have the people come back angry with "Doc, my teeth didn't hurt until you touched it." Well there is always your yearly Christmas gifts...cough...bribes to look forward to.

Reactions: 2 users
The better question is, why is orthodontics so easy to start a fake residency for? We have CTOR, Georgia and God knows else coming up

Endo is just as competitive (if not more) and lucrative in terms of money and lifestyle, I dont think a new endo program has been created in the last 15 years

The better question is, why is orthodontics so easy to start a fake residency for? We have CTOR, Georgia and God knows else coming up

Endo is just as competitive (if not more) and lucrative in terms of money and lifestyle, I dont think a new endo program has been created in the last 15 years
Aligner companies probably

Hello,

Thank you!
Is this really the tuition?? Or is this only for international students?

GSO is a blatant scam that exists solely for the profit of the founders. You don't even have to take my word for it, your own findings in the OP lead to this conclusion.
I agree with you.