Georgia state and mercer conflict times

Started by malibu3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

malibu3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I have gotten an invitation to both georgia state and mercer on Jan 16th at 8 am. Yay. I managed to get Mercers changed to 11 am, but I still really want to go to georgia states too. Should I email and ask if I can have an early interview (8-10 am)? Sigh. This really stinks.
 
I have interviewed at both schools, and the interview process takes about 1/2 day for each. Even though the two are relatively close in proximity, with traffic in ATL and the fact that they are on opposite sides of the city, I'm not sure how you would get to both in one day....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ask if they are willing to do a skype/phone interview. If not, you will probably have to decide which school would be a better fit for you.
 
I'm sorry to hear that... I've interviewed at both schools as well and think that it would be very hard to make both interviews. From what my interview process was like for GSU, they began with a introduction into the program and introduced the faculty members before splitting you into two groups. One group will interview first while the other goes on a tour, which I think is optional. If you manage to get into the group that interviews first you might be able to get out by 10/10:30 and might be able to make it to Mercer in time. Mercer's interviewing process didn't exactly start on time as they let you mingle with the students and faculty and ask questions, but they are watching your interactions with them so getting there late might hurt your chances at getting in there. With all that being said, I think there's a lot of unaccountable things such as traffic and either GSU/Mercer starting earlier or later so I feel like your best bet would be do what emespt said and decide which school you like/is a better fit for you. Hopefully I shed a bit of light on the matter, and if you wanted to know about each school's interview process, feel free to message me!

Good luck!
 
So, I have gotten an invitation to both georgia state and mercer on Jan 16th at 8 am. Yay. I managed to get Mercers changed to 11 am, but I still really want to go to georgia states too. Should I email and ask if I can have an early interview (8-10 am)? Sigh. This really stinks.

You probably could have updated your original post instead of making a new thread.
 
So, I have gotten an invitation to both georgia state and mercer on Jan 16th at 8 am. Yay. I managed to get Mercers changed to 11 am, but I still really want to go to georgia states too. Should I email and ask if I can have an early interview (8-10 am)? Sigh. This really stinks.

When did you hear from mercer?
 
I am in the first interview group for georgia state and will leave by 9:50/10:00 and it takes about 20 minutes to get to mercer (already calculated fastest route and my dad is driving me to minimize error), and check in for mercer is at 10:30 and interview starts at 11:00. A couple of questions: what do I say to the Georgia state interviewer when I need to leave (like after my interview....I have to skip the Q&A and the tour), how much is that going to affect me with the decision?, what if I arrive just a tad late to check in at Mercer?
I have never been so stressed in my life.
 
I am in the first interview group for georgia state and will leave by 9:50/10:00 and it takes about 20 minutes to get to mercer (already calculated fastest route and my dad is driving me to minimize error), and check in for mercer is at 10:30 and interview starts at 11:00. A couple of questions: what do I say to the Georgia state interviewer when I need to leave (like after my interview....I have to skip the Q&A and the tour), how much is that going to affect me with the decision?, what if I arrive just a tad late to check in at Mercer?
I have never been so stressed in my life.

They probably wouldn't even notice. Current students give the tour, so I'm sure you could just say you have another obligation and leave at that point, you should not try and leave your interview early however.
 
I am in the first interview group for georgia state and will leave by 9:50/10:00 and it takes about 20 minutes to get to mercer (already calculated fastest route and my dad is driving me to minimize error), and check in for mercer is at 10:30 and interview starts at 11:00. A couple of questions: what do I say to the Georgia state interviewer when I need to leave (like after my interview....I have to skip the Q&A and the tour), how much is that going to affect me with the decision?, what if I arrive just a tad late to check in at Mercer?
I have never been so stressed in my life.
Like I said in my earlier post, arriving late can hurt your chances as they start looking to see how engaged you are in interacting with the students and faculty (I was told this by a faculty member as I started talking to the other interviewees upon getting there).